FORUMS: list search recent posts

stuttering sound

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
minnewthecat
stuttering sound
on Aug 19, 2002 at 10:36:47 pm

I have a P3 600 mhz with 256 megs RAM and a Matrox G400 with a Rainbow Runner TV-tuner/capture card. After capturing about 2 minutes worth of video and sound (either from a camcorder or TV broadcast), the sound starts to "stutter" yet the video capture is fine. I have heard opinions that the memory cache is becoming exhausted and/or my harddrive needs more space (I have about 10 gigs free!).

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is causing this? Would a DV firewire card be a better way to capture video and audio from my digital camcorder? If so, which card and capture software would you recommend?
thanks,
MJH

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: stuttering sound
on Aug 20, 2002 at 12:06:08 pm

Hi,
Your system is not "strong" enough for video capturing. You may consider to get P IV. and better harddrive.
good luck.
NG

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Aug 20, 2002 at 7:58:35 pm

Hi there
I think a dazzle video capture card would probaly work well in your system. They are pretty cheap but seem to work better and more reliable then some of the more expensive capture cards. I now have a Matrox RT X100 capture card and love it, but before this I had a DV200 and had nothing but constant problems with it. My friend bought the cheapest Dazzle card he could fine and is using it with Adobe Premiere and has never had a problem with it, I wished I had just bought the dazzle card and saved my self a ton of problems instead of the DV200, but on the upside I sure did learn a ton about trouble shooting though. Good Luck with your system. You might want to think about upgrading if you are gonna be getting very serious into video but for small projects you should be fine.
Hope things work out for ya, take care!

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Aug 22, 2002 at 1:44:09 am

Hi there
One more thing, more RAM might help as well, 256 seems like alot, but its not really that much for video editing.
Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]