FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need info on perfect system for my project

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
border scum
Need info on perfect system for my project
on Aug 15, 2002 at 5:18:30 am

I am doing a project involving transferring ultrasound video mostly from VHS tape and putting it onto Premiere for editing. I have a P4 1.8 GHz system. I bought a Hollywood DV Bridge and input through a S-VHS video input, but I am unhappy with the quality of the video. Here's what I want to add to my system: 1) an analog input card and 2)a fast drive like the Medea SCSI Raid.

1)What are some other good analog video capture cards?
2)With the SCSI Raid drive, will the computer just see it as an extra drive that I can save all my video to?
3)I know I need a SCSI card. Is this the same as the analog video capture card? What are some brands of SCSI card that I could use with the SCSI Video Raid?
4)Any other recommendations?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Matt Sowder
Re: Need info on perfect system for my project
on Aug 15, 2002 at 11:41:31 pm

A medea drive is plenty fast. I use a DV500 with an IDE Raid (3 striped drives =120G of storage) and it works great. The quality of your vhs footage though might be as simple as replacing your DV Bridge with the Canopus ADVC100. I use it and it is MUCH better than the analog input on my DV500. The computer will see the raid as an extra drive any partitions you make will add to that. I have mine set up as one large logical drive though. The videoguys have a great deal on Medea drives because they offer a SCSI card with it. Otherwise check out Medea's website because they have specific compatible cards listed... At least they did when I last checked. ;)
I like my DV500 but you will need to be comfortable working and tweaking your system. I would buy another except that newer and better are out there. I like my second system with Vegas Video and the Canopus converter. I really want to see the Avid DV, the Canopus Storm or the new Matrox card before I do purchase a second system.

Matt Sowder
Chowderheads

"Living in 1D, Working in 2D, Dreaming of 3D"
-Me, March, 1998

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]