FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY6 Case - Cooling/Noise

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
filmfan214
DIY6 Case - Cooling/Noise
on Apr 16, 2008 at 10:31:37 pm

I saw in the DIY6 article that the Apevia Telstar was described as having "plenty of cooling, but pretty darn quiet". I know that is pretty straight forward, but could you elaborate? I've read elsewhere that the cooling in this case is actually its weak point (and that it wasn't that quiet).

The other source may not right, but some clarification by the Videoguys or anyone else familiar with this case would be helpful. I first wondered about this since there is no place for a fan up front near the hard drives, and wondered if the side-back-top combo of fans on the Telstar was enough. I'm wondering if I should go with the slightly less expensive Apevia Alien.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: DIY6 Case - Cooling/Noise
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:31:15 am

If I read it correctly, off the Apevia website, this case comes with (3) 120 mm fans. That should push a lot of air around.

Unless somebody reports the actual decibal reading for the noise level you can't really be sure if you will think it is noisy. In a large office building, you might think the case is quiet as a mouse, but get it home and you'll wonder where the jet engine is located.

Personally I like bigger cases and I like to pick my own fans so I know what to expect when I turn it on. I will give up some noise for better cooling, especially since video editing can run your CPU at 70-80% for hours.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]