FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie needs some help and advice

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jatt_pawar
Newbie needs some help and advice
on Apr 11, 2008 at 11:36:31 pm

hello everybody
First of all thanks for reading my post. I m new to the world of video editing. i was introduced to video editing by a friend of mine whose family is in the pre-production business. they air few of their own tv shows at a local tv station here in Toronto.

My friend himself doesnt have a whole alot knowledge about video editing, but he was telling me that another guy who works with his family makes good part time money by editing their shows and also the local weddings, birthday parties, anniversary videos.

So, i gave it a thought that maybe i should learn video editing too. Having some computer background i am pretty confident that i can teach myself from books and video tutorials etc. I went on the internet, did some extensive research and came across softwares like Premiere pro, Vegas, Pinnacle and also this website.

I would like to know that which of the above software is the industry standard, which ones should i learn in order to be a pro in video editing. If someone could also suggest me some good books or video tutorials about these softwares.

Thanks once again.

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: Newbie needs some help and advice
on Apr 15, 2008 at 1:29:06 am

Any one of those three and probably a couple of others will do a great job. You need to pick one and then look for tutorials/forums for that product. Some people like Adobe products because of the integration.

If you wanted to get a job doing this then you might check out local companies to see what they use. Some of them will use Final Cut Pro from Apple.

You should also look into the "hows" of video editing that is not NLE dependent. When to do transitions and the like. You can start with some free tutorials at digitaljuice.com. From their home page, click on DJTV. In between their own promotional videos you will find a bunch of free 3-6 minute tutorials.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]