editing VOB files ripped using DVD decrypter

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LP
editing VOB files ripped using DVD decrypter
by
on Apr 3, 2008 at 2:13:58 am

hello to all,

this is my first post and I am not up on all the terminology or equipment. I want to be able to edit (cut, insert, fades, transitions) VOB files that are created when I rip a DVD using DVD Decrypter. I believe my PC is too old and weak so I figure I'm gonna hafta buy a new one and load it with the right software. I want to be able to combine the aforementioned VOB files in a movie with video ripped from a VHS tape player... which is another piece of equipment I'll need to get the video and audio from VHS tapes. I've heard of Video/Audio sync problems when ripping from VHS deck to HDD???

I want to create DVDs of my finished movie that was made from VOB and VHS and firewire transfers from my digital camcorder.

What kind of setup do I need to do all that???

thank you in advance

LP

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: editing VOB files ripped using DVD decrypter
on Apr 15, 2008 at 4:03:24 am

Have you looked at the DIY 6 system on this forum? You might need additional equipment to get VHS into the PC, but the DIY system is a good start. I use an ADVC-300 to get VHS/DVD into my PC and it also allows using a TV as an external preview in Sony Vegas Pro via Firewire.

Return to posts index

jeffcss
on Jun 15, 2008 at 5:51:36 pm

---DELETED---

Return to posts index

saveus222
on Dec 9, 2008 at 9:07:16 am

hi,

for vob try googling for Virtual Dub Mod. this allows u to convert the vob files into avi etc.. whh can then be imported into ur editing program. easiset is adobe premiere pro cs3.

as for VHS tapes you just need a vhs player and a capture card.. connect the two and get something like VLC media player to read the capture card and bam youve got the stream coming in.. Smile

hardware wise.. setup would be :

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Abit IP35 Pro.
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Corsair DDR2 XMS Memory (max 2GB)
Windows XP32 SP2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]