FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice Needed

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TBarclay
Advice Needed
on Mar 30, 2008 at 8:01:05 pm

I have been making and editing home videos for several years now. I started with Adobe Premiere and then switched to Liquid Edition which I liked. Last year I bought a Canon HV20 HD camcorder but discovered my computer wasn't fast enough to import HD video. So...I bought a new Dell fast-speed computer with Vista and upgraded to Avid Liquid, only to discover that Avid doesn't support Vista!
So now I'm stuck. The computer came with Adobe Premiere Elements but I can't get the program to work (it hangs up when I try to load it) and I run into a problem trying to re-install the software from the provided CD/DVD. Any suggestions? Should I pay even MORE money to upgrade to the latest Adobe Premiere or what???
Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Liquid <--> Vista Workaround
on Apr 14, 2008 at 7:02:39 pm

Hello TBarclay,

There is a unofficial workaround for running Liquid on Vista that was developed by the user base. Check out:

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/59210.aspx

Note I can not speak for whether or not this actually works or not.. I'm still happy with my installation in the XP world. Having said that though this work around has been around for quite some time and first appeared on the Avid forums before they were moved back to Pinnacle....

Good luck

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]