FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to capture video from a DVD in Sony Vegas Movie Studio

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KT
Want to capture video from a DVD in Sony Vegas Movie Studio
by
on Mar 6, 2008 at 12:56:01 am

Had a commercial company transfer VHS video from 1991 to DVD. Now that I have video editing capabilities, I would like to capture video from that DVD and import into SVMS. My computer's DVD drive is not shown as a video capture source in SVMS.

Do I need an upgrade of SVMS, a DVD player with USB/firewire or what?

I'm brand new at this, but I've had a blast with the first few projects I've done. Great help from the video guys just identifying which editor product would work for me.

Return to posts index

Reid
Re: Want to capture video from a DVD in Sony Vegas Movie Studio
by
on Mar 16, 2008 at 4:32:42 pm

I'm not familiar with SVMS but I have been running Vegas (now vegas pro) since version 4.0.

In Vegas you can just drag the .vob file right into the time line. It's kind of tricky and the vegas browser doesn't show the file so you have to open a windows explorer session, navigate to the dvd drive, open the folders and find the correct .vob file. From there you can just drag it right into the timeline.

FYI, it works much more smoothly if you copy the .vob file to your harddrive first and then drag it in to Vegas.

Hopefully it will work in SVMS as well

Return to posts index

KT
by
on Mar 16, 2008 at 11:12:53 pm

Thanks for the tip. SVMS is Sony Vegas, without the pro upgrade. When I get back to my home base, I'll give it a try and post the results.

Return to posts index

KT
by
on Mar 28, 2008 at 6:10:33 pm

The drag and drop worked just dandy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]