FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for help working with Elements

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DavidWebb
Looking for help working with Elements
on Mar 1, 2008 at 9:32:48 pm

Okay, so I converted from Pinacle a few years ago. Elements seems to work fine for small (40 min or less) projects. Most all the projects I worked on in the past were with media captured straight to my hd.

I've recently taken on a bigger project for a firend. He gave me hours of old home videos on 8mm tapes. My camera is an old Hi8, and does not play them. So I had to use a local service to have them converted to DVD's. I have used DVD's before to import video into elements, & there's no doubt that although Elements will tolerate small VOB files, it doesn't like them. Audio synch problems, jittery video, etc.

Now I find myself downloading all kinds of programs trying to find something that will convert to avi, which seems to be the format Elements likes. I feel like I'm junking up my hd by d/l all these dif programs to see if they work. Sometime I don't even finish the install b/c certain products only work on a limited basis for the free trial. VideoRedo is the only one that gives you a nice trial version. This solved the audio synch issues, and I would buy it, but it doesn't convert to AVI. I was using it to convert to MPEG, but now I have jittery video after rendering & exporting.

The MPEG plays beautiful straight from my hd using WMP, but once I process it with Elements (tried Nero too) the outcome is jittery.

I'm looking for some advise. Someone who might be able to understand what I'm doing, and suggest what program(s) would work best.

Please help!

Thanks,

Jason Bourne

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: Looking for help working with Elements
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:49:18 am

Jason:

Have you tried cutting the VOB files into smaller pieces to see if they can be rendered out properly?

I wonder if part of the problem is the small amount of RAM on your PC. Processing MPEG files takes up a lot of space and taxes the CPU. You really need at least 2 GB of RAM and I would get 3 if the motherboard will take it.

This might not solve the VOB problem, but I bet your system will run better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]