FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray Disc is the Winner!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
Blu-ray Disc is the Winner!
on Feb 8, 2008 at 9:00:02 pm

Pioneer & Videoguys Celebrate with New Low Price on BDR-202 Burner!
Pioneer BDR-202 Now only $429.95!

While the format war waged strong in ‘07, Blu-ray has garnered overwhelming support since CES2008 in January and Blu-Ray Disc has emerged as the winner. At CES2008 Warner announced that they will join Disney and Sony as being exclusively Blu-ray for their HiDef releases by the end of the year. Paramount is expected to be the final defector. Since then Blu-Ray hardware and software sales have outpaced HD DVD by a substantial margin, despite desperate price cutting measures by the HD DVD camp. In a final crushing blow Sonic Solutions announced that they would be ending work on HD DVD authoring systems, since an “overwhelming majority” of customers want Blu-ray Disc-based solutions. Sonic Scenarist is the authoring tool used by Hollywood to produce the DVDs you buy and rent every day.

We have felt strongly that Blu-Ray would win since the beginning. The combined power of the Disney and Sony studios gave it a very big advantage. Second there was no denying the Trojan horse in everyone’s living room - Sony PlayStation 3 sales exploded when they lowered the cost to $399 this past holiday season. In addition Sony began actively marketing the Blu-Ray Disc player capabilities of PS3 and they began offering free Blu-Ray movies with PS3 purchases. Third, and most important of all for video editors, is the simple fact that Blu-ray Disc burners exist and they are available – which means that you can create Blu-Ray content.

With Pioneer lowering the price by more than 30% ($649 to $429) there is no longer any reason for you, the video editor and content producer to wait any longer. If you are shooting in HD, now is the time for you to start producing HighDef content on Blu-Ray!!

Click here for more info and to check out all our fantastic new Blu-Ray bundles! http://www.videoguys.com/blu-ray.html

Return to posts index

FrankRyder
HD DVD burning
on Feb 11, 2008 at 4:31:10 pm

I was checking out your post on this topic.

[With Pioneer lowering the price by more than 30% ($649 to $429) there is no longer any reason for you, the video editor and content producer to wait any longer. If you are shooting in HD, now is the time for you to start producing HighDef content on Blu-Ray!!]

If I shoot something on HD and edit it accordingly in Avid Xpress Pro, Is having a DVD burner like this the only way to burn to DVD in HD?

If so, are there good quality versions which are less expensive...say maybe ones which burn HD but are not Blue Ray?

Frank

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Blu-ray Disc is the Winner!
on Feb 12, 2008 at 4:37:58 pm

right now the only way to burn and playback HD content on a blu-ray is with a blu-ray burner and blu-ray media.

I know that Final Cut and Pinnacle Studio allow you to burn HD DVD content on a standard DVD that will playback HD on an HD DVD player. No process like that for Blu-ray currently.

Gary

Return to posts index

FrankRyder
Re: Blu-ray Disc is the Winner!
on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:44:26 am

Cool...thank you for that. I think I will wait a year or two and by then there should be some decent opportunities with decent prices.

So, just to make sure I am clear, the "Pioneer BDR-202 Burner Now only $429.95!" unit which you referred to in your post is a) internal b) will burn stuff I shot and cut on HD straight to DVD (Blu-Ray)?

I am loving my Bella/Avid key board I purchased from your site recently...when that light inevitably goes out or breaks, do you sell replacement lights? I haven't got a chance to check out the DVD tutorials you guys recently sent "Light it Right" and "Video for the Web" (under a different handle and email).

Frank

Return to posts index

FrankRyder
After thought
on Feb 13, 2008 at 1:11:12 am

Gary,

Can you tell me a good, solid, reliable, fast yet quiet CD/DVD burner/player that would be a good fit for my current specs (not clear on the whole SATA vs. PATA issues yet).

My system came with just the one unit and since it is the system dedicated to editing only (no web) and also tied into my 5.1 surround sound, I would like to be able to listen to music with it, for example, while watching some tutorials or burning something.

Avid Xpress Pro 5.2 • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Processor • 4GB High-Speed, Dual-Channel DDR2-800 Memory Nvidia 8800GTS 512MB PCI-Express w/Direct X10 eVGA nForce 650i Ultra T1 Motherboard • 20X LiteOn Dual Layer DVDRW • 500GB SATA-2 HDD OS/C:/ 250 GB external 320 Hitachi T7K500 internal • 22-in-1 Media Reader • Onboard 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN • Audigy SE Sound Blaster • (2) USB 2.0 Ports • Windows XP Pro SP2 • Bella Xpress Pro series/keyboard Logitech MX Rev. cordless laser • Visionman Tower Dual widescreen lcd • 550Watt Power Supply

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]