FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommendations if you please.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio
Recommendations if you please.
on Jan 31, 2008 at 4:08:32 pm

Greetings

Just finished building my first PC and boy with my intel quad, 4gig 800 mhz ram, Sata raptor main HDDR and my new ATI radeon HD 3870 I was really going to be cooking on my old Pinnacle DV 5oo coupled with Premiere 6.5..... Well, after numerous tries and forums searches, I found out Win XP SP2 and DV500 were not compatible unless you installed DV500 On XP with serv.pack 1 instead of 2 etc...After trying a few suggestions that kept me up till 3am I decided it's time to post.

I toyed with the idea of Installing XP on a 2nd new primary boot with SP 1 but frankly it is to me a pain dealing with dual boot to work on 1 program that by now after all those years might really be quite obsolete though I don't see how just capturing could have that dramatically improved but what do I know?.

I use my video editing as pure hobby but with what I regard as high standards however, and mainly I work with analog video, Old trips and memories.

I would appreciate if you guys that are in the loop could please recommend a capture device that would give me an avi file
that I could use with premiere 6.5 and of course that would capture with good definition and of course money is the object since I
just finished killing my budget with my new machine.

If I forgot anything I am sure you guys will let me know.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]