FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with Configuration of new machine!!!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raymorton@videoguys
Need help with Configuration of new machine!!!!
on Jan 24, 2008 at 8:00:01 pm

I need some suggestions on what to buy create a good video editing system for around $2200.00.
This is what I have put together so far.......
Link Below:
[url=https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=5221314&WishListTitle=Morton%27s+Hit+list+08]NewEgg Hit list for new NLE System?

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Need help with Configuration of new machine!!!!
on Jan 24, 2008 at 9:29:22 pm

I didn't see an OS HDD. (I saw the two 500GB drives) I assume you'll pick up a 120-160GB OS drive.
It seemed like the board came with an audio card... why buy one?
I wouldn't buy a $110 set of speakers... but that is me.

Why 2 Lite-on drives? I would think 1 is plenty and if you wanted two I would suggest one Lite-on for reading and one Pioneer for writing.

my 2 cents

Return to posts index

raymorton@videoguys
on Jan 24, 2008 at 10:11:21 pm

I appreciate your input.........I guess I didn't think about the OS hard drive cause I figured I would migrate my raptor drive over to this new system. It is a Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive.........should I use something bigger for the OS? As for the lite-on drives.......I just through them in since I had seen good reviews and they are cheap. If there are performance reasons to change over to something else I can. The speakers are just my quirk.......I like to listen to music on my system from time to time. I am not partial to any of the things listed, so I can mix things up a bit if it helps increase performance.

Keep the input comming!!!

Thanks again,

RWM

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jan 24, 2008 at 10:22:56 pm

That 74GB is fine for OS... I just didn't see you mention the OS drive.

yes the Lite-ons get good newegg reviews, but pioneers are a better choice for burning. (FYI pioneers stink as readers)

something I forgot to mention... 2GB is plenty for XP, (it won't utilize anything over 3GB) Vista... you can use 4GB but I am not sure about the NLE software programs compatibility.

Return to posts index

ddgrick
on Jan 28, 2008 at 8:34:42 am

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/77909774/m/885005489831

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]