FORUMS: list search recent posts

New DV video editing machine.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thekidd77
New DV video editing machine.
on Jan 18, 2008 at 8:56:55 pm

I am about to put together a new machine for my father-in-law. His old one has a pinnacle pro one card and premiere 6.

He has DV cameras and doesn't plan on replacing them in the near future.

His new system will use premiere CS3
From what I have read so far is a new decent computer, E6850, 4gigs of 800 or 1066 ram, really doesn't need a matrox rt.x2 card to capture the video. It can capture through firewire on the motherboard just as fast just using CS3, at least for the DV he is dealing with. Same on the encoding to DVD.

All that the he loses by not having the matrox rt card is the preview to an rgb monitor.

So if I am trying to skip the expense of the matrox rt card, when I pick out the video card, should I be looking at the Quatro fx 1500 card with the breakout box, and does this get that preview to rgb monitor back for him? Or should I just spend a few hundred on the latest ATI3870 or the such?

Or am I wrong to eliminate the Matrox type device? IS it worth getting even when editing DV video? And if it is do I get the SD version or futureproof with the HD one?

If I skip the matrox and the breakout box, what video card should I be looking at for just CS3? I think it a Quatro FX 4300 or so? No higher than $500 though.

Lastly, it says the DIY6 guide would be posted early January? AM I just not seeing it?

Thanks for any help on this.

john

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]