FORUMS: list search recent posts

4-channel car video recording...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
foler
4-channel car video recording...
on Jan 18, 2008 at 12:54:44 pm

hello...

I need to record 4-channel/4 camera video with stereo audio in my race car. each video need to be recorded in 640x480px/30fps. Idealy if I can use my laptop for storage. budget maximum 1000$. I am thinking to buy 4 minidv camcorders/camera but here is problem with synchronization, tapes...portable dvr is to expensive.

how I can do this?

thanks

Return to posts index

Fisherman
Re: 4-channel car video recording...
on Jan 18, 2008 at 8:40:49 pm

foler: hello...

I need to record 4-channel/4 camera video with stereo audio in my race car. each video need to be recorded in 640x480px/30fps. Idealy if I can use my laptop for storage. budget maximum 1000$. I am thinking to buy 4 minidv camcorders/camera but here is problem with synchronization, tapes...portable dvr is to expensive.

how I can do this?

thanks

I would also like to know about this. I would like to clip up two or three little cams in an airplane and make a video on DVD from the clips. I already have plans for a device to hook into the intercom system for the sound. It's a groovy little box made from parts from Radio Shack.

Return to posts index

foler
on Jan 19, 2008 at 7:55:30 am

Fisherman:
foler: hello...

how I can do this?

thanks

I would also like to know about this. I would like to clip up two or three little cams in an airplane and make a video on DVD from the clips. I already have plans for a device to hook into the intercom system for the sound. It's a groovy little box made from parts from Radio Shack.

if you need single channel recording with two or three cams you can buy quad processor and connect it to single recorder:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Color-4-Channel-Video-Quad-Splitter-Processor-CCTV_W0QQ...

with these you can this:
http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/multicamera.htm#quad

my problem is that I need 4 separate movies.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jan 21, 2008 at 2:41:21 am

I always wanted to mount a camera in front & back for potential accidents, etc... and have it record in MPEG I or something like that
and have it keep writing over and over on a hard drive until I stop it.(to save and 'dump' onto another device)

If you find something like that.. post it.

I figure 2 web cams and a computer like device to input into... then just need to find a device that will auto start up and record everything I start the ignition.

Return to posts index

foler
on Jan 21, 2008 at 7:58:02 am

LeeAVP: I always wanted to mount a camera in front & back for potential accidents, etc... and have it record in MPEG I or something like that
and have it keep writing over and over on a hard drive until I stop it.(to save and 'dump' onto another device)

If you find something like that.. post it.

I figure 2 web cams and a computer like device to input into... then just need to find a device that will auto start up and record everything I start the ignition.

I find solution:
4 x WinTV-PVR-USB2 connected to laptop with instaled sagetv pvr software or other pvr software which support multiple WinTV-PVR-USB2. WinTV-PVR-USB2 is hardware encoder which have low cpu usage (very important). maybe is here on market some cheapest hardware usb encoder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]