FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Video Cap. CARD???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crs1945
Bad Video Cap. CARD???
on Jan 7, 2008 at 7:19:27 pm

Hi,
I have a PCI IEE1394 video capture card in my computer. Before x-mas I could download video from my Canon DV camcorder to the computer WITHOUT any problems! I use either Windows Movie maker or Ulead Video Studio. Suddenly after x-mas I went to download the x-mas video to the computer and I get the message video capture device not connected or no drivers noted. Well the drivers are on XP and the camera was certainly connected. These massages appeared on both Ulead and Movie maker. I uninstalled Ulead and reinstalled it , reinstalled any drivers from the XP install disc and I STILL get the same messages. My question is " could the iee1394 card be defective or even fried, we did have several power outages lately although I have a surge protector and not one other thing is malfunctioning, even though in the system manager area NO malfuncting cards, adapters, etc. are noted! Any suggestions as to what is wrong? I even tried removing the pci card and reinstalling it and usedn a different port to plug the transfer cable into ( card has 3 external ports ). Thanks
Chuck Confused :

Return to posts index

crs1945
Re: Bad Video Cap. CARD???
on Jan 16, 2008 at 5:43:18 pm

Is there nobody on this forum that can answer this question or at least direct me to someplace which might have a answer?? Evil or Very Mad

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Bad Video Cap. CARD???
on Jan 21, 2008 at 1:18:29 am

it does sound like you fried the firewire card. Try removing it, rebooting the system without the card in it. Then put the card back in and see if windows finds it. If it does not, replace it.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]