This is my system configuration:

Intel Dual-Dual Core Xeon @ 2.0 Ghz
Intel Workstation Board S5000XVN
PNY Quadro FX1500 PCI-e CARD
1 X Seagate 250 GB Boot Disk
2 X Seagate 250 GB (RAID 0 for storage)
Firewire Card
Intel Workstation Chassis
Transcend DDR2-667 Fully Buffered DIMM (ECC Registered)

Software:

Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.2

Problem:

This system was built to be really powerful and Im into movie making and stuff. Its a profession. somehow, I can;t see the system performing as expected with HD content and stuff.. Theres lots of overheating and system hangs and stuff.. Is there anything i went wrong with in the configuration?

Also, should avid be installed in the boot drive or on the raid 0 partitions ?
Ques abt raid 0 too: the system builder said its on raid0 and it shows so in the bios but in the disk management page the disks come up as basic disks.. doesnt raid run only on dynamic disks ?

pls help im really lost after spending so much money, im not getting the performance i require..

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: System not giving the expected output
on Dec 31, 2007 at 4:58:53 pm

you have a server class motherboard. This could be your problem. I am not familiar with your mobo, but here are some thoughts:

- Run XP Pro as the OS. DO NOT use VISTA for NLE at this point in time.

- Make sure you have it configured for workstation activities. Servers have lots of redundancy and checking that could be creating bottlenecks.

- make sure the graphics card is in the 16x PCIe slot

- check and see that you are running the latest bios revisions and drivers for the graphics card.

- Check your storage configuration. Make sure you are using the right raid config and settings for RAID0 workstation performance

- Dig into the Trusted Platform Management Module and make sure that the settings aren't getting in the way

- dig into the Integrated server management and make sure the settings aren't getting in the way.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

SAVE.US_222
Re: System not giving the expected output
on Jan 7, 2008 at 10:55:20 am

hi,

sorry for the delay was outta town. well i forgot to mention, i do have xp pro running and not vista. how do i configure the stuff to run workstation class programs or whatever. everything in the tpm and stuff seems to be fine and all the drivers etc are updated... one more thing i noticed was that when i was exporting stuff etc, the cpu power is used a lot in taskmanager..iu thought there needs to be offload to the gpu for these things but i donno if the gpu is carrying out its task. how do i check that. is there any settings in avid i need to change or something like that ???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]