FORUMS: list search recent posts

CPU Choice Core 2 Duo 6750 or 6700

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JimG3
on Dec 28, 2007 at 3:44:01 am

I am considering building a computer like DIY 5 Best core 2 Duo. However, I am considering the Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 ($190) instead of the E6700 ($320) that is recommended in the article.

The 6750 has an up to 1333 MHz FSB, while the 6700 is 1066. Other than this, I don't see any other differences.

Comments or suggestions?

Return to posts index

UAvidorUdont
on Jan 15, 2008 at 5:39:47 am

I am looking into the same chip, 6750, and came here for some advice. Also wanting to know if the ASUS P5E (Supports the needed 1333mhz FSB) motherboard chipset causes any bottleneck issues. I was told the 6700 was discontinued and that's why the price has stayed high. Can anyone help us out?

Return to posts index

jjneidl
MULTIPLE CORES
on Jan 16, 2008 at 9:30:22 pm

I think the 6750 is better, but I just purchased Vegas Pro 8 (from the Video Guys), and it says it can take advantage of MULTIPLE cores. So maybe the quad cores would be better for specific video software applications (like Vegas), even if the clock speeds are lower. And, the updated drivers for 64 bit processing will be coming out soon. Decisions, Decisions...

Return to posts index

jjneidl
9 Months Update
on Jan 16, 2008 at 9:41:01 pm

The last Video Guys UPDATE for the DIY 5 was April 2007 (9 months old)? Shocked
Isn't that obsolete in computer time? We need an up-to-date of the update, OR a DIY 6 !!! Go Video Guys, we know you can do it!!

Return to posts index

Fisherman
Re: 9 Months Update
on Jan 16, 2008 at 11:22:19 pm

jjneidl: The last Video Guys UPDATE for the DIY 5 was April 2007 (9 months old)? Shocked
Isn't that obsolete in computer time? We need an up-to-date of the update, OR a DIY 6 !!! Go Video Guys, we know you can do it!!

The info on [url=http://www.videoguys.com/system.htm]this page is from Nov. A little more current. Wink

Return to posts index

arby710
Re: CPU Choice Core 2 Duo 6750 or 6700
on Feb 3, 2008 at 4:29:11 pm

Building a PC for graphics and video editing is like cooking a tasty stew. There are plenty of recipes, you’ve just got to shop around for the right ingredients.
DIY 5 is well aged and waiting for the connoisseur to muddle thru its ingrediant. All fine wines are aged to perfection why shouldn’t a recipes for building a PC.
I took a look at all the ingredients for a medium budget machine and started my research. I started with the suggested mother board and got distracted with all the variables. I finally picked the P5E. I think the X38 chip won me over. I read all about the 6300 CPU and dawdled until the E6850 came into play. 3 gbs of ram seemed better than 2. The 1950 XT wasn’t available at a reasonable price so I went with a Radeon RX 2600 XT. I selected a 650 watt power supply because of its modular format, and because my case has 4 cooling fans. I ended up with 2 400 gb hard drives. I still have plenty of room for a third . I guess I should mention the system came with a 1394 port, and I added DVD-Rom and DV-DW drives.
At last I was ready to gathered my list of ingredients and have my local PC shop to cook my electronic stew (or my goose which ever was meant to be). For a finishing touch I threw in a 15 in 1 card reader because of my digital camera collection. Total cost of equipment was 1,600.00 plus OS and tax.
The PC was assembled and loaded with XP pro. All my programs went in without a hitch. Vegas Pro 8 works wells with this configuration and I will let you know how Premiere works when I finally get around to figuring out all the instructions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]