FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I Capture to maximum screen size for DVD?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
silversurfer5150
How do I Capture to maximum screen size for DVD?
on Dec 23, 2007 at 2:03:23 am

I'm makin some educational DVD's in which I have to remaster some old VHS stuff as part of the study and I want it to look professional as they will be for sale. I have 2 different capture cards, A winfast and a Mercury and I'm capturing Scart into composite+phono from my VHS player. I cant capture the video to fill the full size of the screen, its close but it still has a black border around the edges. I am using Nero 7 and TVR to capture the video and both of them allow me to choose a number of different capture resolutions and both have the "DVD" setting which seems to be the highest. Unfortunately this option is greyed out and cannot be selected. This is the case with both capture programs and happens on both capture cards. Am I doing something wrong? Is it my graphics card? The PC is top spec and has more than enough RAM and CPU speed but I do have an older VGA card , A Geforce 4 but I have no problems with the quality of the capture. If anyone has the answer I would be very grateful indeed !

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: How do I Capture to maximum screen size for DVD?
on Dec 24, 2007 at 3:29:40 am

The resolution for any NTSC DVD is 720x480 and PAL DVD is 720x576. The only difference between a widescreen 16x9 and normal 4x3 DVD is the pixel aspect ratio. The resolution is the same.

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: How do I Capture to maximum screen size for DVD?
on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:32:58 pm

The black edges u mention are the video fields, this is normal and can't be seen on a tv monitor.U can see them because pc resolution is much higher.

What size are u allowed for capture? 352 px?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]