FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tylerkutz
Sony Vegas Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio?
on Dec 15, 2007 at 5:57:42 am

I just got a Sony HDR-FX1, and so I started looking into HD video editing software. I downloaded demos for Sony Vegas Pro and Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I like them both because they are very similar to my old editing software (Screenblast Movie Studio, which does not support HD video). Here's the problem...I would be perfectly content with the Vegas Movie Studio, but when I try to play back video in the timeline, it plays very choppy. This is not a problem for the Vegas Pro, which plays back video very smoothly. I would spend the extra money for the Vegas Pro, but it doesn't seem very easy to burn a DVD from the program (under the "Tools" menu and "Burn Disc" submenu, you can choose to burn a multimedia CD, a video CD, even a Blu-Ray, but no DVD). Is there a way to smooth out the playback on the Vegas Movie Studio, or is the software just not powerful enough? What is the easiest way to burn a DVD from video edited with Vegas Pro?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Sony Vegas Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio?
on Dec 16, 2007 at 2:29:24 pm

get vegas pro 8. it is the way to go for HD footage. It includes DVD architect which is a ful featured DVD authoring program. You can make DVDs that are just basic play only or add a bunch of cool navigation and interactivity.

We include a whole bunch of fantastic vegas training from Vasst with your purchase http://www.videoguys.com/vegaspro8.html

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]