FORUMS: list search recent posts

optical drive

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
floid
optical drive
on Dec 14, 2007 at 8:54:14 pm

please! Smile can someone recommend which optical drive (DVD burner) thats compatible with the asus P5W DH Deluxw?

thanks Smile

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: optical drive
on Dec 17, 2007 at 5:36:55 pm

Practically every single model/brand is compatible.

IMO Pioneer is the most reliable.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Dec 18, 2007 at 10:23:40 pm

Yeah I have a Pioneer too. They are considered one of the best burners (try to burn at a slow speed no matter which brand you buy). But Pioneers is one of the worst readers you can buy so you might want a 2nd drive in your computer if you looking for a good reader.
There is a website called cdfreaks.com that has forums and reviews of drives. BUT NOTE: they push their drives to the absolute max and rate it more on how well they do when pushed to the max rather than burning at more normal speeds... like most consumers would. (they are the "over-clockers" of drives)

In short I confirm with the other post--> 99.99999999% of burners sold in the USA are compatible with any hardware you buy.

Maybe a better question is: Is there a brand that works best with _______________ ?(fill in blank with a NLE/ authoring software)
answer: most manufactures have a list of possible incompatible burners with their program. (I suspect it is a very short list, and are less commonly sold drives). Or a list of 'tested' drives known to work. (in this day-n-age I suspect those lists are more about 64bit than 32bit operation.)

Return to posts index

floid
on Dec 21, 2007 at 3:32:04 am

thank you very much guys for your response, I appreciated very much!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]