FORUMS: list search recent posts

ieee 1394 connection to DV camcorder not recognized

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pob
ieee 1394 connection to DV camcorder not recognized
by
on Nov 27, 2007 at 6:21:20 pm

I have a Panasonic PV DV953 camcorder with ieee 1394 output. I am using Pinnacle Studio 8, ATI version (update 8.12.7.0) When I first tried to capture thru the firewire, I got a message about set-up of the camcorder, or something. I don't know what I did, but I started to capture about 20 seconds or more of footage and stopped. I later went back to the computer and tried capturing, but this time it could not find the DV input from the camcorder. I cannot get the software to initialize or even recognize the camcorder. I have even changed to the USB output of the camera, and that is not seen either. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure this out. I have gone into Device Manager, Control Panel, you name it. I have tried using Windows Movie Maker, with the same results. I have two firewire connections. One is on the Audigy 2 audio card, and the other is on the ASUS mobo. I don't know where to go or even to start. My thoughts range from: bad cable; bad connection on mobo; or bad connection with camcorder. Any suggestions would be a great start!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]