FORUMS: list search recent posts

CAN'T SHUT DOWN NORTON BACKGROUND PROGRAMS IN TASK MANAGER

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tradersgroup
CAN'T SHUT DOWN NORTON BACKGROUND PROGRAMS IN TASK MANAGER
on Nov 2, 2007 at 2:36:36 am

Shocked Well, from seat belt laws to proposed new taxes on french fries, seems like politicians and Symmantec have one thing in common -- They want to run my life and my computer.

Rolling Eyes I won't bore you with the frustrating tec support conversation (chat) with Symmantec, but bottom line is -- EVEN IF I turn off all the features of Norton Internet Security and Norton System Works (total shut down in the Program Application) -- Norton files still run in the background, and THEY CAN'T BE SHUT DOWN in the Task Manager "Processes" Tab. They are taking up about 8% CPU time. Ridiculous.

Confused : Confused : IS THERE A GOOD SECURITY PROGRAM out there with good intrusion prevention which will allow me to TURN IT OFF TOTALLY, temporarily, even those annoying CPU eating background files, while I run my video editing software?

Thanks if anyone knows

Return to posts index

desmondclark
Re: CAN'T SHUT DOWN NORTON BACKGROUND PROGRAMS IN TASK MANAGER
on Oct 3, 2008 at 8:21:00 pm

I am a big fan of [url=http://www.eset.com/products/nod32.php]Nod32 by Esset for antivirus. They also have other security applications.

It always stays in the background and is not a resource hog like Norton or McAffee.

Return to posts index

MACDSE
Re: CAN'T SHUT DOWN NORTON BACKGROUND PROGRAMS IN TASK MANAGER
on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:59:15 pm

desmondclark: I am a big fan of [url=http://www.eset.com/products/nod32.php]Nod32 by Esset for antivirus. They also have other security applications.

It always stays in the background and is not a resource hog like Norton or McAffee.

I am still using XP pro with an old version of NOD32. I went with NOD 32 because of resource usage and not only was it a great resource saver, I have never been infected again. Hands down, one of the best ANTI V's on the market today.

Norton = Bloatware.
Evil or Very Mad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]