FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question: how to add a moving mark to a video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolino Paperino
Question: how to add a moving mark to a video
on Oct 24, 2007 at 11:20:21 am

At work, the asked me to do some video editing and the task is hard. I have to add a mark on a video: it's like adding a red clown nose to a face, when the guy is speaking and moves on screen.

They tell me it's possible with Adobe Premier, but I would like to know if I have to take the extra-long route of individually change each frame. I wonder if it's possible without it taking hours just to edit two minutes.

Can anybody enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Question: how to add a moving mark to a video
on Oct 24, 2007 at 5:06:42 pm

With Premiere, you add a layer and add your superimposed object to that layer. Then you can manipulate the location and size of the object. You set the beginning and end points and then manipulate its location, as required, between.

Although this is what After Effects is designed to do, tracking a location on the source video to automatically place the overlay.

Return to posts index

Paolino Paperino
on Oct 25, 2007 at 1:20:06 pm

I was able to make it with After Effects by moving the picture every time the person moved, but I was wondering if there was a way (either with this software or others) to have the nose automatically tracked all the time (aka the facial feature I *always* need to cover with the red clown nose image). Like this, since the person moves so much, I would be able to edit 1 minute in 1 hours: with an automatica system, it would take less time.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 25, 2007 at 4:44:01 pm

After Effects Professional has motion tracking, which automates the process.

Return to posts index

Paolino Paperino
on Oct 29, 2007 at 11:28:19 am

So far I have been able to:

- stabilize the video on a moving object
- track a moving object
- anchor a colored blob to the previous

What I still can't realize how to make is to:

- make a transparent blob of blur to anchor

I could only make a crop of the movie, blur it and then superimpose it to the movie itself: but if I attach it to a moving object, the effect is horrible.

But my real question now is as following: I heard of another team of researchers who use a joystick to track the moving object in real time, can you do that in AE or do I have to get other software? Sounds like a neat method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]