FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HV20 - Shuttle Don't Connect

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MichuR
Canon HV20 - Shuttle Don't Connect
on Oct 18, 2007 at 1:04:17 pm

Hi to all

I just got the Canon HV20 took some video and ran to my computer to download it. No luck. I loaded the Canon CD and then realised it's only for stills. My computer couldn't even see the camera. After many frustrating attempts I deleted the Canon files/drivers and then the computer could control the camera, but still, no video. I found on the internet there should be some drivers there that weren't, so I copied them accordingly. Nada. I don't even feel I am advancing as sometimes the computer sees/controls the camera sometimes it doesn't. In any case, still no video.

Please help!

Configuration:

Computer: Shuttle SN25P
MoBo/Chipset: 939 NVidia 4 Ultra
CPU: AMD 64 X2 Dual 4600+ 2,41GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Graphic Card: Radeon X1600
HDD: IDE 80GB + SATA 500GB

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Canon HV20 - Shuttle Don't Connect
on Oct 19, 2007 at 5:46:23 am

You need a video editing application that understands HDV to do the capture. You might try Premiere Elements. I have a Sony HC3 and Premiere Pro 2, which edits the video, but doesn't understand where the breaks are, so I use HDV Split to do the capture. You can download HDV Split for free from:

http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

You'll still need an application to edit the video.

Return to posts index

MichuR
On my way. Not there yet.
on Oct 20, 2007 at 6:03:47 pm

Hi thanks for the info.

I can capture the DV content, but not HDV. In fact in Premiere the HDV option is greyed out when opening a new project.

I used HDVSplit and that produces a m2t file that I play in VLC Media Player and in Windows Media Player (jumpy, though) but I can't import it into Premiere (it doesn't recognize m2t as a compatible file).

I must be missing a codec or driver. Could you help me out telling me what to do and where to get the codec? Maybe I need another application to transform the m2t into something Premiere understands. Of course, what I don't want is something that lowers the HDV quality. If that was the case I would just as well record in DV.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Canon HV20 - Shuttle Don't Connect
on Oct 21, 2007 at 2:06:52 am

Premiere Pro will import and edit HDV since version 1.5.1 and should read m2t files directly. Of course, you have to open an HDV project. What version are you running?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]