FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD EDITING

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MovieMaker
AVCHD EDITING
on Oct 14, 2007 at 7:45:22 pm

Guys, I hope that you can help. Here is my situation:

I have a Matrox X-100 Extreme. Does a good job on editing DV.

I also have a dual CoreDuo 6400mhz Machine. I need to edit AVCHD Natively. I have Sony Vegas7e. But, I would like to edit in PremiereProCS3 Natively.

What is the most ecconomical way?? I am really tired of converting from one format to the other. Will the Black Magic do this? or will an adapter that converts from AVCHD HD2 format in Realtime to a regular HD1 standard Hi-Def be better. I am looking for fast and cheap. Also, I want my video to be Standard Hi-Def that all editors like.

Gary,

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: AVCHD EDITING
on Oct 14, 2007 at 11:20:56 pm

The only way advertised to edit AVCHD within Premiere Pro is to use the Cineform plugin, which costs another $499. You can try it for free to see if it works. Be aware that CS3 does not work with your X100.

http://www.cineform.com/products/Aspect-Prospect.htm

Return to posts index

MovieMaker
Thank You, John for your reply.
on Oct 14, 2007 at 11:56:16 pm

Thanks,

I was wondering if there was some adapter to make the AVCHD video into standard HD video.

I saw that one of your adapters supported AVCHD in, I thought.

Smile

Return to posts index

MovieMaker
AVCHD
on Oct 15, 2007 at 12:04:00 am

I believe if I am not mistaken that the CINEFORM plugin Imports the AVCHD format and you can put it on the time line and you can go to different frames, and scrub it , but when you play it, it just shows a BLACK picture with sound.

I could be wrong, but let me know. My sources are pretty correct most of the time.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 15, 2007 at 3:03:29 am

You can try Cineform for free and see if it works. Otherwise, you're stuck with Vegas or Ulead VideoStudio, which support AVCHD natively.

Return to posts index

Ronbo1
on Nov 12, 2007 at 7:38:57 pm

You can let the camera decode it to a standard HD signal thru the HDMI connection.

Then capture it using the Black magic intensity card.

The card cost around $250

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]