FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended Video Editing Software?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blazer
Recommended Video Editing Software?
on Oct 12, 2007 at 12:38:24 pm

Can someone please recommend a Video Editing Software for my son age 16. He is basically new to editing but, very bright and serious about the craft. He is going to apply at NYU in 2009 and wants to start creating a portfolio of Video's for entry.

He is looking for ease of use, large database of effects for creative shorts , as well as, a way to share his video's on UTUBE. He doesn't have a big budget at the moment but, would like to be in the $200 or less range.

thx

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Re: Recommended Video Editing Software?
on Nov 12, 2007 at 6:30:11 pm

Hello blazer,

Looks as if your post has been here for quite some time, without response. A good starter NLE is Pinnacle Studio. I cut my video editing teeth on version 9 of the product before moving up the NLE food chain. Version 9 was pretty unstable. However, by version 10 it had converged nicely and now at version 11 is reasonably solid. The interface is very simple... Basically three (3) steps: Capture, Edit, Output. The ultimate version of the product presently runs at around $129 US. See:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Vi...

There are entry products from other vendors such as Ulead, Sony, etc. However, I cannot recommend them as I have no experience with those...
Perhaps others on this forum do?..

Good Luck

John

Return to posts index

Johnson H. Nguyen
Re: Recommended Video Editing Software?
on Mar 20, 2008 at 6:51:23 pm

That would be a great idea to get your son's portfolio started. I would agree and reccomend the video editing program as stated above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]