FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dumb Question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pcstore
Dumb Question
on Oct 9, 2007 at 3:00:11 pm

Hi Experts,

I am novice video user. I got a Sony DCRHC1000 3CCD mini DV camcoder. I usually pay to shop for converting from DV tape to DVD/CD. I was wondering if I can grab some card from ebay (RTX100/RT2500) with affordable price and do some experiment with this world.

When I consult with the usual shop I go for converting my media got an answer that it’s extremely difficult task and too time consuming. As I have considerable amount of free time I wish to give a try.

I have few question hovering around my mind. Please consider the fact I am totally new with this video editing.

What’s the advantage to purchase a dedicated hardware device (RTX100) when software driven programs can capture video using firewire port. ?

How long I need to capture or encode a 60mins video footage ? I know this is a HARD question.

( My PC Gigabyte P965-DS3,Intel C2D E4400, 4GB of ram, 500GB of SATA HDD, no raid)

Can you guide me to any link where I can understand the role of video editing hardware in the whole process?

Please do not fume on me. I tried with google RTX100, all result takes me to sale page. So I had to post here.

Thanks for your time in reading my post.

Have a good day ahead.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Dumb Question
on Oct 10, 2007 at 4:13:33 am

All you need is a firewire port and a dedicated hard drive for the video. You can try Windows Movie Maker, but you'll probably find you want more than that. Premiere Elements works okay, but read the suggestions on this site's research tab.

http://www.videoguys.com/started.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]