FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tyan Tempest discontinued?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gordon_shumway
Tyan Tempest discontinued?
on Sep 18, 2007 at 11:13:55 pm

I don't see the Tyan Tempest i5000XT for the XEONs anymore on Newegg, Tigerdirect or other popular sites. Is it discontinued?

Any updates going to be made on the DIY sections to meet more current day components available? The prices on a lot of the parts have gone down a lot in recent months and now there's quad-core setups...

I'm just having a hard time finding a few of these things at places that offer full return services and competitive prices at the same time. Ram's gotten better.... anyway... help on that would be nice if anyone's out there. Surprised these forums are like ghost towns with all the editors out there. Unless I'm on the wrong forums....

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Tyan Tempest discontinued?
on Sep 21, 2007 at 1:08:25 am

typically an newer MOBO will work. as long as it has similar chipset.

typically it is the chipset which is or isn't compatible w/ video editing programs, not necessarily the MOBO.
Since you are looking at an intel CPU, you'll probably be getting an intel chipset and it should work with all editing programs.

in short go buy a new Tyan dual socket MOBO with similar specs to the one you were planning to purchase.

re: ghost town...most people purchase a turn key system. I have been building computer since 1993... so I have found I can make it cheaper than buying it pre-built.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]