FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro is running low on memory proceed with caution.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sammyblanks
Premiere Pro is running low on memory proceed with caution.
on Sep 17, 2007 at 4:59:05 pm

Hi,

I have used P Pro 2 for a couple of projects and have had no problems until my latest project. A concert that I'm cutting using the multi cam edit function. I synced up 4 layers of video and everything worked fine setting it all up, and editing about 2 hours into the sequence. Now when I edit. palyback is very jerky, and it doesn't take long the error message "P Pro is running low on memory. Proceed with caution." This is doing my head in, and I've tried a lot of the solutions offered on the forums. Still no joy.

I got CS3 and thought that may be better. After initially being able to edit a little more of the sequence, CS3 gave me the error message "Premiere Pro has encountered a serious error and needs to close".

My Spec.

Asus P5WDH Deluxe MOBO
E6600 Processor
2GB RAM (4 x 512)
Xpertvision Geforce 7300GS Graphics card
I've got 4 Internal Hard drives
1 OS. HARD DRIVE
2 VIDEO DRIVES
1 PREVIEW/SCRATCH DRIVE.

I also have 2 EXTERNAL Firewire hard drives. 1 250Gb on which I have music and jumpbacks etc. I am not using this in the current project though. The other Firewire is a Seagate Freeagent Firewire/eSATA/USB 2 drive 500Gb. This drive has pretty much all the footage I'm using in this project. Is thsi the problem?.If anyone has any ideas that will help either with sorting out CS3 or P Pro 2.... I am desperate. I've read that maybe conforming the make and model of all my memory sticks may help (but thats a cost I can't bring into the equation right now. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance

SammyBlanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]