FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXPORT TO TAPE FROM PREMIERE CS3 TO HDR-HC7E

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Burrows
on Sep 6, 2007 at 5:50:12 am

Hello,

I need to export (HD) to tape from P5W DH Deluxe mobo using i.Link to SONY HANDYCAM HDR-HC7E using PREMIERE CS3.

The frustrating thing is that soemtimes the EXPORT TO TAPE menu option is shaded out. It is as if PREMIERE does not detect the camera. I have tried reconnecting without any success. The option is grayed out on most occasions.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Much appreciated . . . Laughing

Return to posts index

Rob Burrows
on Sep 6, 2007 at 6:33:28 am

One further thing about this anomoly: it appears to be rectified by rebooting, but this is a lot of trouble to go to in order to export . . Confused :

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: EXPORT TO TAPE FROM PREMIERE CS3 TO HDR-HC7E
on Sep 10, 2007 at 12:43:51 pm

you have a software problem not a computer problem.
verify your hardware settings in CS3

welcome to being a paying beta tester for Adobe. I am sure there a dozens of issues with CS3

Return to posts index

Rob Burrows
THANKS - NOW SORTED
on May 29, 2008 at 3:41:27 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I found that Premiere had defaulted to the NTSC frame rate (29+fps) while I was loading the PAL frame rete of 25fps in HD.

This was causing the export to tape function to hang. The trouble has been that the whole export process is so slow that I have just ordered a MATROX RT.XL2 LE card. From what I have read this is a more effective upgrade than going to QUAD CORE. I cannot use more that 2GIG RAM anyway (not advised with XP PRO AND MOBO).

One other problem had surfaces, the PRIMARY DRIVE was starting to crash and this was causing freezes. So I am now replacing it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]