FORUMS: list search recent posts

Splitting HD movie into pieces w/o quality loss?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thebaron222
Splitting HD movie into pieces w/o quality loss?
on Sep 6, 2007 at 2:42:59 am

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to help my brother to get an HD movie that he and his friend made onto a hard drive of his - the problem is that the movie file is 4.12GB and the hard drive is FAT32 (max file size of 4GB).

I was playing around with Windows Movie Maker (I'm sure that makes some of you shudder), but noticed that when I split it that the quality was going to suffer. The GSpot codec program that I downloaded tells me that the file now is 1152x528, and WMM would have ended with something around 840x480 (or something like that - it's closed now).

So, is there any program out there that can easily split a large, HD movie into 2 files without affecting the quality of the video file at all? My brother will probably be willing to pay for the program if its reasonable, as he just got some new HD camera and will probably be using it often. Unfortunately, he isn't a computer geek so the more "point and click" the program can be, the better.

Also, about how long can he expect splitting a large file like that to take on an "average" computer? 30 minutes, 2 hours, 2 days?

Thanks for any recommendations!

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Splitting HD movie into pieces w/o quality loss?
on Sep 7, 2007 at 4:29:01 am

Use the Microsoft DOS prompt command, CONVERT, to nondestructively convert the drive from FAT32 to NTFS, and you won't have the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]