FORUMS: list search recent posts

With what card do I preview my video WITHOUT RENDERING?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Runsman
With what card do I preview my video WITHOUT RENDERING?
on Sep 5, 2007 at 6:46:38 pm

Hi ALL,

Pls, I need a professional advice on this: what card do I use (vga or video capture; internal or external) if I want to preview my video on TV coming from PC without rendering? I mean, after finishing editing a video on my PC, what’s possibility of previewing same on my TV if I want to AVOID the hassles of rendering.

By the way, can Canopus 110 or DAC200 playback video from PC to TV without rendering?

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thx - RunsMan

Return to posts index

eofeapr
Re: With what card do I preview my video WITHOUT RENDERING?
on Sep 5, 2007 at 8:20:18 pm

edit !!
I think I'm gonna be a lil bit off the mark here but
I'm still a lil new to this ,,,
however,,,

from similar dilema of my own I'm thinking you're gonna want an editing monitor and go from the cam to the monitor.

If someone can straighten me out please chime in an enlighten Runsman and myself

but here's the problem I see with your request ,,,

the first conversion is going to occur from your cam to the PC where the digital video is going to be conformed to AVI...

The next problem is that your NLE holds that AVI as a project file, ( just try to open a proprietary project file with something other than the app that captured it,,,good luck!! )

Last,, do you have a tv that has connections for the viewing of the external video source ???

A professional monitor will connect via firewire to your cam and allow you to view the video in it's digital form and provided the monitor is well adjusted (color, hue, sat, yada yada yada ) you will be viewing your video in it's truest form.

again,, if I'm way off let me know, but I hope this is helpfull.

Return to posts index

Runsman
The firewire port on the camcoder is already bad...
on Sep 10, 2007 at 1:36:46 pm

eofeapr: edit !!
the first conversion is going to occur from your cam to the PC where the digital video is going to be conformed to AVI...

The next problem is that your NLE holds that AVI as a project file, (just try to open a proprietary project file with something other than the app that captured ...)

Last, do you have a tv that has connections for the viewing of the external video source ???

A professional monitor will connect via firewire to your cam and allow you to view the video in it's digital form

Thx for this. I'm strongly aware of the fact that after rendering to DV AVI format, the video can pass thru fire wire on cancoder to preview/playback on professional monitor/TV: but my quest remains that SHOULD I INTEND RECORDING BACK TO TAPE (vcr/vhs) & NOT NECESSARILY IN DVAVI FORMAT, HOW DO I OUTPUT TO ORDINARY TV OR VCR WITHOUT RENDERING/CONVERSION OF FORMAT?
Noting that:
1. i use normal TV with RF/RCA cables, not the one with firewire connection;
2. i capture AVI format from my camcoder to PC using ONLY USB (since the firewire port on the camcoder is bad, thus i cannot export thru this);

IS THERE NO VIDEO OR EDITING CARD THAT CAN HELP ACHIEVE THIS?

Your response will be applauded.

Runsman.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 11, 2007 at 1:58:18 am

For SD DV video, http://www.matrox.com/video/products/rtx2sd_card/home.cfm

For HDV video, http://www.matrox.com/video/products/rtx2_card/home.cfm

Return to posts index

gordon_shumway
on Sep 23, 2007 at 2:15:20 am

Is there NO other card that isn't as pricey as the Matrox cards that can do that though? $1295 is just too freaking expensive for the BB model.

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
on Nov 6, 2007 at 4:49:19 pm

Canopus is not that expensive, but uses its own NLE. It comes with a bunch of utilities and codecs, i've worked with it and really liked it (and this comes from a old Digisuite fan hehehe)

http://www.canopus.com/products/nlesystems.php

There's an entry level card, an SD, an HDV and a high end version.

Return to posts index

Runsman
Is this a special monitor/tv
on Nov 27, 2007 at 3:18:32 pm

eofeapr: edit !!
A professional monitor will connect via firewire to your cam and allow you to view the video in it's digital form and provided the monitor is well adjusted .

1.Is this TV with i-link or firewire connection?
2.Pls, I need more clarification on this.

Thx - Runsman

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
on Dec 17, 2007 at 5:50:19 pm

Yes: Firewire = i Link

So far I know Apple cinema display is the only monitor with firewire input, otherwise u need to conect the firewire cable to a DV camera or deck and the conect it to a standard TV using S-video or RCA cables; but this way u have a delay on what you see on the pc monitor and the TV, and still need to render (whatever needs to be redendered on the timeline in order to get RT playback), this is the only way you could output your video to a VCR.

Matrox and Canopus cards allows real time playback and offer RCA outputs.

Return to posts index

Runsman
On Canopus using its own NLE
on Dec 18, 2007 at 4:44:22 pm

Chipocludo: Canopus is not that expensive, but uses its own NLE. It comes with a bunch of utilities and codecs...........

Hi, does this suggest that Canopus (e.g ADVC110) can work better with ONLY its capture/editing softwares? What is the COMPATIBILITY chance of people with other types of softwares that have no bearing to Canopus, like Ulead VideoStudio, Adobe, etc?

Thx - Runsman

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:39:38 pm

ADVC110 is compatible with several editors (including premiere), if what u need is only an analog capture interfase.

The Pro cards (dvx, nx1, sp) work better with Edius (canopus' nle), and offer a lot more than simply analog inputs.

Return to posts index

Runsman
on Jan 8, 2008 at 7:57:33 pm

Chipocludo: ADVC110 is compatible with ... The Pro cards (dvx, nx1, sp)...

Thx your reply.

Pls help me to elaborate your abbreviations.

Rgds
Runsman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]