FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Share Video Files on Your Blog?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vediason
How to Share Video Files on Your Blog?
on Aug 31, 2007 at 8:24:30 am

More and more people are now sharing their video files on their blogs. And a lot of them use Youtube to help upload video files. However, the uploaded video files using Youtube may have commercials and there is also a 100MB file size limitation. Also, you cannot edit your video files and have to upload the full video file even if you just want to use a clip from a video file.

Now you can use [url=http://www.flash-on-tv.com/video-to-flash.html]Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder to convert your video files to FLV files with much smaller file sizes and directly upload the converted FLV files to your server through its FTP upload function.

Step 1: Import and trim video file

Click the Browse icon to import the video file you want to put on your blog. If you just want to upload a clip from your video file, Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder also allows you to trim your video file and capture the clip you want to upload. To trim your video, you can just drag the Start Time bar and the End Time bar to set the start and the end of the clip, or check the “Set start time and end time” option and set the Start Time value and End Time value.

Step 2: Edit Video

Some video files have black edges around its video. You can cut off the black edges at the Edit step of Video to Flash Encoder. To crop the video, you can either drag the yellow frame around the video or adjust the crop values: Up, Down, Left and Right.

If you want to set video effects, Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder lets you set video video brightness, contrast and saturation, and allows you to apply a special effect.

Step 3: Select a template

This program also provides you with templates to customize the final FLV file and control its playback. You can choose to use a player template or a general template. If you choose a player template, there are various built-in templates of different styles for your choice and you can even add URL to with the “Advanced” settings. If you choose a general template, the program lets you add a movie intro and a movie end to your video. See the figure below:

Step 4: Convert and upload

After the above three steps, you can just click the Publish tab, select an output format, check the "FTP Upload" option, fill in the FTP information and click the Start Encode button. After the conversion, the final Flash files will be automatically uploaded to your blog. See the figure below:

Below is FTP Upload info for your reference:

Host Address: Enter the FTP host address where you want to upload the created file.
Port: Enter the port number of your FTP address.
Username: Enter your username for the FTP host address.
Password: Enter the password of your username.
Directory: Create a directory for the created files. For example, if you type /myvideoflash here and the ftp host address is ftp.wondershare.com, the created files will be placed under ftp.wondershare.com/myvideoflash.

Return to posts index

vediason
Additional Three Tips
on Sep 4, 2007 at 6:23:56 am

There are two tips to customize your Flash files with Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder.

Tip 1: Add a pre-loader

A pre-loader will make your Flash file very professional. Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder provides you with multiple styles of built-in pre-loaders for your choice and lets you add pictures as the pre-loader. This feature is very useful for both home users and commercial users.
At the Publish step, click the Settings button to open the Setting window, and click the Preloader tab to add and edit a pre-loader. See the figure below:

Tip 2: Add a hyperlink

If you want to link your Flash file to a website, this program allows you to add either an image link or a text link to your Flash file.

At the Publish step, click the Settings button to open the Setting window, click the Hyperlink tab, and choose to add an image link or a text link. See the figure below:

If you have chosen to use a player template, you can also add links to your Flash file by click the Advanced button in the Playback pane. Then you will find two options to add links:

Open a URL on mouse click: Open a website when a viewer clicks on your Flash file.
Auto open a URL after playback: Open a website right after the playback of your Flash file.
You can choose either or both of these two options.

Return to posts index

vediason
Re: How to Share Video Files on Your Blog?
on Sep 5, 2007 at 2:40:56 am

Feel free to post here if you have any difficulty with this video to flash encoder.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Sep 24, 2007 at 5:44:29 am

If you are interested in more programs similar with Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder, please refer to the review at http://www.flash-on-tv.com/articles/video-to-flash-review.html

Return to posts index

vediason
on Sep 29, 2007 at 11:09:13 am

I am really fond of this Video to Flash Encoder.
Its functions are powerful enough to meet my various needs.
What's the most impressive is that it helps you act like a movie editor.
Take a look at its flash and general template settings, preloader settings, movie beginning/ending settings, etc... and you will know why I said so.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Sep 30, 2007 at 6:03:14 am

What impresses me first is its fashionable and attractive main interface.

Sometimes, I want to convert only a selected duration or region of the video. Trimming and cropping functions can do this for me.

Quite coincidently, I find its capture function, with which I won’t miss any fabulous video images. I can save them to my computer in BMP or JPEG format.

Besides, various player templates and general templates catch my eye. What’s more exciting is that I can set opening/ending movie and add to my output video such items as title, director, motive, cast view etc…. Their text fonts, colors, special effects can be set as well. More settings such as Hyperlink and Preloader are also available. It really makes me act like a movie editor.

In the end, I can also choose to upload my output file to a specific FTP. I can have many choices for output formats such as FLV, SWF, Screen saver and exe. If I don’t like the original audio in the video file, I can simply disable it. A little distressful is that I can’t replace the disabled audio with my favorite music.

Powerful and professional functions, combined with reasonable price, Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder is really my best choice.

Return to posts index

Michelle
on Oct 3, 2007 at 10:05:44 am

Great step by step guide. Although I use different software it does same simple things and I can use your guide even for that tool.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Oct 5, 2007 at 6:37:59 am

I'm glad that this guide really helps.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Oct 20, 2007 at 6:04:48 am

Michelle: Great step by step guide. Although I use different software it does same simple things and I can use your guide even for that tool.

Can you tell me which software you use?
I have interest in knowing something about it.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Oct 23, 2007 at 6:37:19 am

From all popular video formats like avi, mpeg, mp4, wmv, mov, etc... to FLV(flash video), SWF(publish as html), EXE and even Screensaver, this video to flash encoder is definitely one of the best solutions.

Return to posts index

raybenjaminfl
on Nov 3, 2007 at 6:57:08 am

great program to help me make screensaver for my computer

Return to posts index

vediason
on Nov 5, 2007 at 9:16:20 am

yep
you can make screensaver from video for your computer to your favor.
also, you can capture and save your favorite image to your computer in bmp or jpg format so as to set it as your desktop.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Nov 23, 2007 at 6:32:19 am

I found video to Flash encoder can be applied to making e-card formatted as EXE or SWF so that you can share it with your friends and relatives.

Return to posts index

vediason
on Dec 26, 2007 at 6:19:57 am

you can get also wondershare video to flash encoder here http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/video-to-flash-encoder.html

Return to posts index

Johnson H. Nguyen
on Mar 20, 2008 at 6:45:20 pm

Thanks for the DVD video editing software. It was really useful. I don't think it's one of the best ones though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]