FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox 3 Driver Download Endless Loop GRRRR

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
surfboy500
Matrox 3 Driver Download Endless Loop GRRRR
on Aug 24, 2007 at 12:22:25 am

I recently purchased from Videoguys, as a new Matrox customer a new RTX2.SD card and a Premiere Pro CS3 Upgrade.

The product currently ships with the old Matrox 2.5 Driver which requires Premiere CS2 to install.

The Download site for the new Matrox 3 Driver requires that you regisister BUT you cannot register unless you have installed your RTX2 SD card. I cannot install because i was shipped the old driver. GRRRRR. on and on in an endless loop.

This is an ugly intro to Matrox as a new customer. Seems like their controls are a bit draconian.

It is 4pm on the west coast and all live bodies at Matrox or Videoguys have signed off (9 to 5 EDT only) so i can only send this frustrated post.
Fortunately i can send it to Videoguys forum. Matrox Forum is inaccessible to me as i have not registered yet (more unfriendly excessive controls). But we have been there already.

Can anyone advise how i can break the endless loop and get a download of the Matrox3 drivers so i can install and register my new product.

Seems like for the price you pay for these cards the least they can do is think out the logic of how to get new customers welcomed to the system instead of being treated as criminals.

As i said before GRRRRRR.................

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Matrox 3 Driver Download Endless Loop GRRRR
on Aug 25, 2007 at 3:01:49 am

I wonder who is the brain child of that company/website restrictions.

what are they afraid of???, a non member whom doesn't own a matrox product... wanting to download a free update driver. then turn around and sell it??
I looked at the online registration system. Seems like it is easier to get CIA secrets than it is to get a registration code.

in short, I agree... give matrox an earful.

Return to posts index

surfboy500
Good News alls well that ends well
on Aug 25, 2007 at 4:18:05 am

After some help from Videoguys i was able to breach the wall at Matrox and talk to a live body......they were very prompt and gave me access to a FTP site so i could download the drivers allowing me to install, register, and become part of the privileged community with access to support resources.

I still wonder what the logic is to make it so difficult to conduct business before you have a working installation.

Return to posts index

Robert Nichol
Matrox RT.X2 Driver Update Failed & can't install
on Jul 1, 2008 at 4:04:28 am

I'm having the same sort of damn problem. On attempt to install RT.X2 my system says, "Driver update failed. The Matrox Mx Tools Plus and Play drivers were not installed properly. Please contact your Matrox video hardware supplier for assistance". And since I cannot install, I cannot register and therefore cannot get assistance! What a load of B.S.! I need help from Videoguys to break through this and get past the Driver Update Failed pothole. I had this thing up and running for one day with CS3 and then it all collapsed leaving me where I am now.

Return to posts index

Robert Nichol
on Jul 1, 2008 at 2:04:13 pm

I phoned Videoguys today, described the problem and expected them to offer to intercede on my behalf so I could get the 6-digit registration number from Matrox. To my great disappointment, they only suggested that I reformat my system and start over! Showed no interest in taking a pro-active action to help me out. Reformatting a system drive and starting from zero is just not practical for a running business. My primary disappointment, tho, was then the person did not even offer to try to help me get a product registration from Matrox so that Matrox could work with me to solve the problem other than by brute force action. I have always recommended Videoguys to others -- now I'm not so sure their service and customer care is what it used to be. Beware.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Jul 3, 2008 at 3:21:34 pm

did you have another capture card in your system before? was the matrox card ever running ok on that system? what kind of computer is it (ram, cpu video card etc)?

- Jon

bboftx: I phoned Videoguys today, described the problem and expected them to offer to intercede on my behalf so I could get the 6-digit registration number from Matrox. To my great disappointment, they only suggested that I reformat my system and start over! Showed no interest in taking a pro-active action to help me out. Reformatting a system drive and starting from zero is just not practical for a running business. My primary disappointment, tho, was then the person did not even offer to try to help me get a product registration from Matrox so that Matrox could work with me to solve the problem other than by brute force action. I have always recommended Videoguys to others -- now I'm not so sure their service and customer care is what it used to be. Beware.

Return to posts index

surfboy500
Not my expereince
on Jul 3, 2008 at 4:56:49 pm

BB.......sorry to hear of your problems. VideoGuys were very helpful getting me fixed up with Matrox.......dunno why they are giving you grief. Maybe try another "Guy". Sad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]