on Jul 30, 2007 at 5:23:37 pm

why the X1950 capture card on the DIY5 and not a firewire capture
box like the ADVC-300? I'm curious.

Mike

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: video capture card on DIY5
on Jul 30, 2007 at 8:18:30 pm

X1950 is the graphics card. It drives the computer monitor(s).
Motherboard has built on firewire. If you need to get analog in or out, advc300 is a great choice.

gary

Return to posts index

ICTIP
DIY5 video card
on Nov 18, 2007 at 4:27:15 am

The only ATI card I found that is 512mb is x1950 xtx......is that the card used? Will Visiontek ATI x1950 pro.....256mb work? In crossfire I can use 2 of these.....I got a sweet deal on the visiontek x1950 pro, and I can get two. the ati x1950 xtc costs like twice as much as what I can get two visiontek cards for. Albeit the Visiontek has fewer bells and whistles and is only 256mb vs 512mb on the ATI card. Also , I read somewhere that having two cards in crossfire configuration is only around 150% of a single cards performance. That is.......two x1950 pros in crossfire config do not a x1950 xtx make......:(

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
on Nov 20, 2007 at 6:48:12 pm

It depends... the video card offers real time for some effects as well as fast previews and renders with adobe products.

More memory helps with previews and rt stuff, if memory isn't enough for an effect you'll be asked to render that segment. A better chip will is useful for complex effects (open gl compatible) and 3D layers, also "Open GL render" function in AFX.

I guess u might get a similar or perhaps even better perfomance with two mid-range cards than the top card.

Yet, ATI x1950 pro is good card (might not be the best, but a good one). IMO one card is enough for editing, a good workstation don't depend alone in a single piece; memory, a good cpu and motherboard, raid disks are also important... and above all, budget!

DIY configurations are guidelines but u can change a thing or two.

BTW I looked for the card on the internet and that's an AGP video card, if u are using the DIY5 as reference the motherboard listed uses PCIe cards, so IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE!

What motherboard are you using?

Return to posts index

ICTIP
on Nov 21, 2007 at 12:59:33 am

I'm building an NLE machine exactly as the BEST DIY 5 machine, except I was thinking of using two x1950 pros for graphics in crossfire configuration. The MB would be the ASUS p5w dh deluxe. The x1950 pro from Visontek comes in two varieties, an AGP slot version, and a PCI-E slot version. I would be getting the PCI-E version. Thanks for your reply.... :D

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Nov 22, 2007 at 2:16:19 am

ICTIP,
you can do what you want but you only need one dual head video card (assuming your using two monitors) If you are doing intense video games... then 2 separate cards may be what you want.
I suggest you make sure the motherboard slot matches the video card (as previously mentioned).

Return to posts index

ICTIP
on Dec 1, 2007 at 12:42:56 am

[quote="LeeAVP"]ICTIP,
you can do what you want but you only need one dual head video card (assuming your using two monitors) If you are doing intense video games... then 2 separate cards may be what you want.
I suggest you make sure the motherboard slot matches the video card (as previously mentioned).[/quote]

True, but I'm not talking about dual head, I'm talking about crossfire......I think you may be confusing the two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]