Enjoy DVD movies on your cell phone
Generally speaking, most cell phones support video formats like 3GP and MP4, and audio formats like MP3, AAC, AMR and MID. As the DVD movie is in MPEG-2 formats and 3GP is a MPEG-4 based video format, converting DVD to 3GP is a necessary step for the playback on cell phone.
This guide mainly deal with converting DVD movie to 3GP format and transferring 3GP files to cell phone.
Rip DVD to 3GP:
1. Install and run Moyea DVD Ripper, which is available on the [url=http://www.my-video-converter.com/download/]Download page. If you have purchased the software, you may get a link to download the retail version.
2. Insert a DVD to your DVD Rom.
3. Click the “Load DVD” button to select the DVD drive, or click the “Load IFO” button to select specific IFO file. Then the title of the IFO file is automatically checked for conversion.
4. Double click particular chapter and view the playing on the right panel.
5. Click the “Clip” button when a chapter or a title is selected. You can change the video and audio effect like brightness, contrast, volume. Drag the bars under the preview panel to trim the video or click on the “Crop” tab to eliminate the letter box as you like.
6. Select a subtitle option to display corresponding language on the video and select the audio.
7. Select “3GPP Video (*.3gp)” or “3GPP2 Video (*.3g2)” format in the format profile. The default video size is 176x144. You can also click the “Settings” button to change the settings to meet your need.
8. Click the browse button to specify the output folder.
9. Click the “Start” button to start conversion.
After the files are successfully converted, you can click the “Open” button to open the output folder to find the files.
Transfer 3GP files to cell phone:
Generally, there are 2 ways to transfer video file to cell phone.
1. Transfer the 3GP file to cell phone directly through the data transmission line along with the cell phone.
2. Upload the video to internet web server, and then use cell phone to visit the web site and download the video. Please make sure that the website support 3GP format.
Please make sure that the website has included 3GP as the supported format. You can open http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326965 and following the instruction to add 3GP file extension to your server.