FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY 5 "Better" Components Install issues

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gus Franklin
DIY 5 "Better" Components Install issues
on Jul 20, 2007 at 5:15:53 am

Longtime viewer of the site...First post.

I finally was able to purchase the components as layed out in the DIY5 NAB 2007 Update. I followed exact specs except for the DVD drive. I have installed everything in the case. When I turned on the system for the first time, the blue LEDs of the Apevia case came to life along with the fans whirring away. However, that was it. There is no signal going to my monitor and the keyboard and mouse won't light up at all. The fans and lights inside of the case are all running fine, and the motherboard led is lit red (active). Is there something I'm missing?

This is my first build so I am by no means an expert. Today was like Christmas when the components all arrived, and now it's very disappointing. I'm sure you guys can help since the exact specs have been used by the Videoguys so effectively.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: DIY 5 "Better" Components Install issues
on Jul 20, 2007 at 7:33:46 pm

I assume your not getting to BIOS Post.
go back to your MOBO owners manual. verify all power connectors are connected to the MOBO.
Did you have any beep warnings?

if you find everything is connected correctly--- disconnect the cd-rom drive and ALL hard drives and see if you can get to BIOS/ BIOS post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]