FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need software advice... video newbie...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lkk07
Need software advice... video newbie...
on Jul 8, 2007 at 6:45:20 pm

Hi,

My friend has a Sony mini-DVD camcorder (don't have the model number) and she wants me to edit the movies for her... I am familiar with graphics and photo-editing software but unfamiliar with video stuff... The manual said that you have to "finalize" the DVD before you can view it... problem is, once it's "finalized" will I be able to edit it? What software would you recommend? I have been looking at the Pinnacle software and heard a lot of good things about it but will it be able to edit a "finalized" DVD? I tried viewing the DVD without finalizing it but my computer (pc) DVD drive couldn't read it... we are looking to edit and use these videos for her website (she is a veterinarian)... Any guidance you could give would be greatly appreciated... I just don't want to invest in the wrong software...

Thanx for you help.

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Need software advice... video newbie...
on Jul 17, 2007 at 3:33:27 pm

All dvd recorders have a function called "finalize disc" (or something similar), once u finalize a disc it simply means u can't keep recording on that particular disc and is ready to be read on a standard dvd player o a pc; otherwise it can only be read on the camera/recorder (much like a temp file).

Then u can extract the dvd (for this u need an app to swtich the vob files into avi/dv files) or capture the video (u need a capture card for this)

Personally I dont like Pinnacle products.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]