FORUMS: list search recent posts

High School video editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jbones7
High School video editing
on Jun 28, 2007 at 2:25:01 am

I am the principal of a high school in NY. I am trying to set up a small video editing area for some of my more advanced students. We originally bought Pinnacle Studio 10 and put it on a laptop (for mobility). Although we upgraded the memory to 1gig, I can not get the project to render. It sat for 6 hours and accomplished nothing. I really have little to no experience with this stuff and could use some advice. I am guessing that our laptop does not have the hardware to handle this job. What do I need to get to make this studio workable for my students? What hardware? What software? Please keep in mind that we are a public school and don't have unlimited funds to work with. Please give me some suggestions that are economical as well as functional.
Thank you all for your help.
JP

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: High School video editing
on Jun 15, 2008 at 6:23:44 pm

JP:

The DIY6 on this forum is a great starting point for hardware. You can go onto Newegg.com and create a wishlist of hardware and software. Then you could post the link to the wishlist and we could give recommendations in order to reduce the price.

Go to journeyed.com as one choice for academic software pricing.

Don't forget that Adobe gives huge discounts for academic versions of their software and there are "home" versions of a lot of the software like Adobe Premier Elements (instead of Adobe Premier Pro) and Vegas Movie Studio (instead of Vegas Pro Cool .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]