FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to correct specific video problems and enhance video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
owensonli
How to correct specific video problems and enhance video
on Jun 9, 2007 at 8:15:48 pm

These days, in order to make my home DVD with videos shot by myself, I try Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 to enhance the videos, but it is a pity that I am so confused by the great but difficult software. Buy the chance, I find the Movavi Video Suite which is easy to use for me, and I can also apply automatic filters to videos, make corrections, and add special effects for a change of mood like the Adobe. So I write the guide about it hoping that someone will like it.

The guide includes three parts:
Part One: How Professional Filters Can Correct Specific Problems
Part Two: To apply Special Effects to your Video
Part Three: Some Ideas to Enhance your Video

Movavi Video Suite is a professional video software which also can help you edit video, create DVD, convert video, burn DVD, make video podcast, merge video, enhance video quality, applying Special Effects to your video and so on. First you need to download Movavi Video Suite free from [url=http://www.top5soft.com/files/suitesetup_regnow.exe]here. Then install and run it. If you want to learn more about [url=http://www.top5soft.com/video/movavi-video-suite.html]Movavi Video Suite, you can visit [url=http://www.top5soft.com/video/movavi-video-suite.html]here.

Note: Because Movavi Video Suite is a very powerful pack (36.55 MB), it may take a little long time to download it.

Part One: How Professional Filters Can Correct Specific Problems

If your video has interlace effects
When you’re shooting a moving subject, your video may show some "interlacing” - horizontal stripes across the frame. Movavi Videosuite’s Deinterlace filter removes the interlaced horizontal rows, producing a smoother image.

If your video is too dark
Shooting in poor light or against the sun can cause your video to be too dark. Apply the Brightness/Contrast filter to enhance highlights and shadows, increasing the contrast so that images are clearer.

If your video is ‘noisy’
After ‘Noise’ in a video means that images may be blotchy or patchy. This can occur during shooting or as the result of another editing or filtering process, so it’s a good idea to apply the Denoiser filter after every enhancement.

Part Two: To apply Special Effects to your Video

Special effects
Applying special effects can turn your video into a completely different production. Try these:
1. Mosaic 2.Add Noise 3.Posterize 4.Diffuse 5.Greyscale 6.Invert
Experiment with different moods and special effects, and completely change the look and feel of your video. You can apply one or several effects to achieve the results you want.

1) In the Effects mode, select the effect you want to apply.
2) Move the Seek Slider markers to select the segment to which to apply the effect.
3) Double-click or drag-and-drop its icon to the Preview area.
4) Move the filter's slider to select the result you’re looking for.
5) Preview the result in Split mode.
6) Click Save.

Part Three: Some Ideas to Enhance your Video

Turn your video into a 30’s-style film noir
First, filter out the color by applying the Greyscale effect, which converts any video into black and white. Then, make your video look older with the Add Noise effect. This adds random pixels to the video, creating the impression of lower-quality film, as you might expect in an old movie.

Mask out details with the Mosaic effect.
The Mosaic effect makes your video look as if it's made up of square blocks; the blocks represent the colors of pixels in the video. This is the effect often used on television when filming criminals and others who don’t want their identities know.

Add sci-fi effects
You can turn your home movies into futuristic fantasies by applying the Invert effect to create a negative effect. Another way to add a hint of mystery to your video is to use the Posterize effect, which lets you adjust the level of brightness to create large flat areas that could easily imply a UFO landing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]