FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphic card for video editing : advice please

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elpjg
Graphic card for video editing : advice please
on Apr 22, 2007 at 10:16:40 am

For video editing with Avid Liquid (wich uses the processor and memory of the rgaphic card for displaying and rendering complex effects), I'm hesitating between :

- X1950XTX (512 Mo)

- GeForce 8800 GTS (640 Mo) (or even GTX), the main reason for this card being the native support of Directx 10

Thanks for advices. Laughing

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Graphic card for video editing : advice please
on Apr 24, 2007 at 12:05:42 am

Luiquid works better with Ati cards, yet there's an issue with alpha channel in liquid causing drops to video when applying texts, tiff, tga or any file containing alpha channel.

I did some research and Pinnacle versions didn't have this problem, and current service pack doesn't fix this. Last comment I got was that x900 series and up work fine (i was ussing a radeon x700). I'd liked to try a better card but could for budget reasons.

IMO avoid Liquid unless u r unfamiliar to any other NLE.

Return to posts index

elpjg
on Apr 24, 2007 at 7:31:15 am

Thanks Laughing

I've to use Liquid, using it since several years with good results (in DV). Changing NLE would cost too much in money and learning time (i'm a prosumer).

But in fact, is it a good idea to buy a 8800 just because of DirectX 10 support (for example for Vista in two years): I don't want to reinvest money every year...

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Apr 24, 2007 at 8:59:27 pm

by the time apps actually can take advantage of directx10 you will need to purchase a new product (in my opinion) anyway or at least an upgrade. liquid really works better with ATI card.

- Jon

Return to posts index

elpjg
on Apr 25, 2007 at 2:53:27 pm

Many thanks Very Happy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]