FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help..need reduce two mpg files to fit dvd before authoring.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin
Help..need reduce two mpg files to fit dvd before authoring.
on Apr 21, 2007 at 7:53:39 pm

Hi,
I have two mpg files that need either
a) fusing together then shrinking to a new mpg size suitable to fit onto a dvd-r,

or

b) each must be shrunk separately and saved as mpg,

The one or two depending on which method is best will then need opening in my tmpgenc dvd author , get chaptered and menued then burnt also with this prog to dvd-r.

I wish to minimise loss of quality.

What is the best way...a or b and will dvd shrink do this ?

I have opened shrink and chosen author but it sees no mpg files. Then tried dvdfab and also it sees no mpg files.

I am sure in the distant past I was told to get shrink for this so where am I going wrong ? No doubt wrong button or something ?

Perhaps dvd author can be told to compress down the two files added, when the green bar goes red ? I would imagine though a dedicated shrinker would be better.
I have dvd shrink, dvdfab platinum, dvdfab decrypter, anydvd, Clonedvd2, mainconcept mpeg encoder1.4, videoredo (from where the mpg files are made...nice prog )

Merlin

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Help..need reduce two mpg files to fit dvd before authoring.
on May 16, 2007 at 4:56:46 pm

DVDShrink should be able to recompress your compilation to fit a disk... yet, if is not a big deal you can get a dual layer disk (yep, a 9 GB DVD!).

But back to your question. If u have the AVi files u can compress them to a lower bitrate in variable mode so u can get smaller files. Also don't use uncompressed audio, mp2 files are ok and save a lot of space.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]