FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD movie is black with sound on PC and ok on TV ..why ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin
DVD movie is black with sound on PC and ok on TV ..why ?
on Apr 21, 2007 at 9:46:47 am

Hi,
I have VIDEO_TS AND AUDIO_TS folders sitting on my HD written there using DVD shrink. VIDEO one has bup ifo and vob files, AUDIO is empty. I then created an iso file on my HD in another folder from these using ImgBurn and the build tutorials. I then used ImageBurn to quickerase a DVD-RW and burn that iso movie file to it.

It plays okay on the dvd player for the TV but I only see a black screen and hear sound on the PC. I have tried TEAC and Plextor drives and with Power DVD and WinDVD players.

Help please as its the PC I need to view it on !

I normally create dvd's from analog recordings and convert ifo bup and vro files to mpg with videoredo then author these with tmpgenc DVD author to dvd, Just the once have I had this happen in 33 dvds done so far in that workpath, but whats wrong here ? Might it be because its on an RW ?

Merlin

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: DVD movie is black with sound on PC and ok on TV ..why ?
on Apr 21, 2007 at 7:29:55 pm

Check your video card configuration. If you have the video card configured to mirror the video on a second monitor, then these players will show the video on only one display. The other display will be black.

Return to posts index

Merlin
Re: DVD movie is black with sound on PC and ok on TV ..why ?
on Apr 21, 2007 at 7:50:36 pm

Will do, or will try to Smile
but why are they normally playing ok on the pc as the normal mpg tmpgenc authoring workpath, except the one I had a problem with ?
if they all did then yes a setting would be at fault.

Merlin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]