FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Studio X.X

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ICTIP
Pinnacle Studio X.X
on Apr 11, 2007 at 11:22:48 pm

People either love or hate this program for video editing. Those who hate it say customer service is non existent at best and the program is buggy and crashes alot. Those who love it say you need sufficient computer horsepower to fully take advantage of the program. Who's right? Can anyone recommend any program that is in the same price range that I should get? I know Adobe Premier is the creme de la creme, but I'm looking for something that is as robust as Studio, but doesn't crash. I plan on using DIY 5 as my computer platform. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

NerdOnSite
Re: Pinnacle Studio X.X
on Apr 14, 2007 at 6:21:05 pm

ICTIP: People either love or hate this program for video editing. Those who hate it say customer service is non existent at best and the program is buggy and crashes alot. Those who love it say you need sufficient computer horsepower to fully take advantage of the program. Who's right? Can anyone recommend any program that is in the same price range that I should get? I know Adobe Premier is the creme de la creme, but I'm looking for something that is as robust as Studio, but doesn't crash. I plan on using DIY 5 as my computer platform. Thanks in advance.

I have been a long time user of Pinnacle Studio. I've upgraded over the years and now have version 10 Platinum. I've always liked Studio because I found it very easy to work with - as long as you save your projects frequently due to the mysterious random cashes back to the desktop.

I've also been looking to upgrade so I just ordered the Liquid 7 Pro upgrade through Videoguys. It looks like most, if not all, of the basic Studio features are found in Liquid 7 (not to mention so much more). I'm hoping that it will be an easy transition from Studio to Liquid 7. I'm also hoping that the stability will be a lot better.

I've tried Vegas Movie Studio (and even Vegas) but I just couldn't get the hang of them.

I think Liquid 7 might be the upgrade your looking for if you like Pinnacle Studio.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Ouch Not Pinnacle
on Apr 18, 2007 at 9:50:49 pm

Hehe you couldnt pay me to use Pinnacle studio or its orphaned cousin Liquid. Its still buggy, still has issues and its not a very good editor especially with regards to picture quality,UGH. If you are looking for a stream lined package that is not as expensive then I would suggest Vegas Movie Studio and if you need A/D conversion and cant use your camera as a deck then go with a Canopus 110. It will give you quite abit more than Pinnacle, without the bugs and rediculus system overhead. Vegas can run on just about anything since its designed to be cpu intensive versus GPU. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]