FORUMS: list search recent posts

A need to change bios in DIY5?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kmchale509
A need to change bios in DIY5?
on Mar 26, 2007 at 5:06:42 pm

I'm just curious when you guys built the Vaporizer, did you do any tweaking in the bios. In particular, on the Asus P5Wdh mobo, did you leave the sata drives as "standard IDE" in the IDE configuration of the Southbridge chip? Also, did you have to change the memory timing for the kingston memory in your article?

Return to posts index

kmchale509
Re: A need to change bios in DIY5?
on Apr 12, 2007 at 4:09:25 pm

I guess there is a reason I'm not getting this question answered. That being said, I am very satisfied with the system I have built, which is the exact same hardware as the Vaporizor with a Matrox RT.X2. The cost of the card was worth it to me for the added advantages it has given my system. I'm about to build my second system to mirror my first so I will now have 2 identical stations to edit on. For a public access television station, I feel like I have given my volunteers a state of the art solution for editing and a definate upgrade from there existing systems. Thanks to the videoguys for providing a very efficent and affordable blueprint for an excellent machine.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: A need to change bios in DIY5?
on Apr 12, 2007 at 7:42:27 pm

sorry about not replying. i never changed anything in the bios that i can remember. it was all the default settings. glad to hear everything is working!

- Jon

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Bios tweeks P5WDH5
on Apr 19, 2007 at 6:10:53 pm

There are mass tweeks that you can do with this board but they are based around either stability/heat or OC. Depending on which you want them for let me know and I can walk ya through. Also update bios to latest version if asus came out with a new one for this weekSmile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]