FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardware Suggestion

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
archer78
Hardware Suggestion
on Mar 22, 2007 at 7:47:02 pm

Hi
I am currently buying new hardwares for Video Editing... and was interested to know if the following hardwares suggested is good for this purpose

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz
Intel 965 RYCK Motherboard
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Pinnacle Hardware for Capturing from VHS
5.1 Creative Sound Card
160GB SATA Hard Drive (Samsung or Segate)
Sony DVD RW (18x)
17" or 19" LCD Viewsonic

1. Do i need to consider more speed for the CPU?
2. Does 4GB of memory have problems with Windows XP Pro?
3. Do i really need a Sound card ??
4. Do i need a graphics card like ATI Radeon X1900 or Nvidia quadro FX....and i presume Graphics cards are mostly used for Real time Editing?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Hardware Suggestion
on Mar 23, 2007 at 10:47:55 pm

Hi

I'll try to anwser your questions Smile

1. Do i need to consider more speed for the CPU?
Depends on your needs, if you are going to ecode a lot to wmv and dvd and/or use post effects u could consider a faster cpu ( core 2 6600/2.4 ghz is a good choice). If you are gonna do it for hobby or non-profit stuff that is not im demanding, then it's more than ok.

2. Does 4GB of memory have problems with Windows XP Pro?
Yes! Win xp only recognizes a total of 4 GB from ALL devices (system, memort, video memory and audio memory). My advice here is to buy only 2 or 3 gb of RAM and use the extra cash in a decent video card Nvidia 7600 and up or ATI X1650 and up.

3. Do i really need a Sound card ??
It depends. Integrated sound cards are crappy (ANY!!!). Home and amateur users can survive with out, but trust once, the difference is HUGE. But if u are not demending in this area u can save the xtra bucks, but an Audigy FX is a nice addition.

4. Do i need a graphics card like ATI Radeon X1900 or Nvidia quadro FX....and i presume Graphics cards are mostly used for Real time Editing?
Correct! most NLE use (except Vegas) use the GPU for 3d stuff, effects and transitions. Mid level cards are enough but could somewhat limited. And your choice will be based on the NLE u rea going to use.

One more thing, Pinnacle is oriented to home users, they dont have truly professional products (not even Liquid). But really is up to your needs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]