How to copy video music movie photo from iPod to computer
This article is mainly about how to copy files (songs, videos photos) from iPod to computer, then you can get back your video and music when your iTunes or computer crash.
Part 1. copy songs from iPod to computer
1. SharePod (for Windows and Mac)
Firstly, download sharepod from here
1) Hook Up your iPod to your pc via usb/firewire
2) The iPod drive appears in My Computer when you have the iPod plugged in to your PC.
3) Once you see the iPod's drive, copy the SharePod.exe onto it. Open the SharePod.exe and after a few seconds the main window will appear. If a window appears saying you need to download a file for SharePod to run, simply follow the instructions.
4) When the main window opens, it displays a list of playlists on your iPods. Double-click on a playlist to view its songs. You can either select songs or playlists to copy to your PC.
2. YamiPod (For Windows, Mac and Linux)
Download YamiPod from its official site
Connect your iPod to compute and run YamiPod, select your iPod type.
Then click ‘Song -> Copt to…’ or use the hotkey Ctrl+Shift+C, then you will see a panel as follow:
Click ‘Destination’ and select the output folder where you want to save your iPod file in. Then click Copy, this software also can copy playlist from iPod to PC.
3. If you don’t want to download any software, you can do it manually, follow these steps.
1). Be sure Hidden Files and Folders are visible on your computer
- Open My Computer
- Tools>Folder Options
- Switch to the View Tab
- Be sure that Show Hidden Files and Folders is selected
For a Mac, open terminal and type in:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
2). Connect your iPod to the computer
3). Go to My Computer and open the iPod Disk Directory (F:, G:, etc.)[On the desktop for Mac]
4). Open iPod_Control
5). Copy the entire Music folder to your desktop
NOTE: This may take up to 2 hours or more depending on the number of files
6). Eject iPod
7). Right Click On the Music folder on desktop [ctrl+click for Mac]
- uncheck "Hidden"
- Apply to all subfolders and files
8 ). Open iTunes
9). Go to iTunes Preferences
10). Change your iTunes Library to the Music Folder on your Desktop by going to preferences > advanced > then click the change button on the general tab
11). Check "Keep iTunes Library Folder Organized
12). Click OK
13). Close and restart iTunes
14). Switch your iTunes Library back to what it was before
15). Close iTunes
16). For Mac users, open terminal again and type:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
the Music Folder on your desktop now contains an organized directory of all media on your iPod!!
Part 2. copy videos and movie from iPod to computer
Download Wondershare, install and run it
Click the file manager button on top of the interface
If your iPod has many files, it will take a little long time to load all of them. Then you can see the iPod file manager as follow
The left part is the file list on your computer; the right part is the file list on your iPod. This manager can help you transfer or copy files between iPod and computer. Check the box before the file you want to transfer, left arrow button means copy file from iPod to computer, right arrow button means transfer files from computer to iPod. The remove button can help you delete the files you don’t want on you iPod.
Part 3. copy photos from iPod to computer
1) Download tansee iPod transfer photo, install it, and connect your iPod to PC.
2) Launch iPod Transfer Photo and all the photos in your iPod will display, Select the photos to be transferred to your computer, the selected file will marked with red border. Click "Copy" button to select output path and start to transfer photos to your computer:
Others To Try
Mac OS and Windows compatible:
iPodRip Free to try, $15 to buy
iPodRip supports recovering your songs and playlists, playback of audio files and much more. iPodRip is compatible with Mac OS X 10.2 and later and Windows XP and 2000. iPodRip is shareware and will run without limitation for 10 sessions before registration is required.
PodUtil Free to try, GBP 8 to buy
PodUtil is a shareware utility for copying songs from your iPod to your computer. PodUtil is compatible with Mac OS X and 9.x, and Windows XP and 2000.
iPod Music Liberator Free to try, $24.99 to buy
the iPod Music Liberator is a full-featured music-management utility that allows you to copy music from your iPod to a Mac or PC. It supports Mac OS X and Windows XP, 2000, NT and 98.
iPod Access Free to try, GBP 9.20 to buy
iPod Access allows you to copy music from your iPod to a Mac or PC. It supports Mac OS X 10.1 or later and Windows XP or 2000.
Mac OS only:
PodWorks Free to try, $8 to buy
PodWorks allows you to copy songs from any Mac iPod to any Mac running OS X 10.2 or later. A free trial version (30 day time limit, 250 song copy limit) is available.
Windows PC only:
Xplay Free to try, $29.95 to buy
Xplay provides a powerful Explorer-integrated drag-and-drop interface that makes transferring music to and from the iPod quick and simple. Xplay enables Windows users to use both Windows- and Mac-formatted iPods. Xplay requires Windows XP, 2000, ME or 98SE.
iPod Agent Free to try, $15 to buy
iPod Agent is a utility for managing contacts, appointments, mail, notes, tasks, RSS feeds, weather and more. It is not a music manager but works alongside iTunes to enable you to transfer songs from your iPod to a PC. iPod Agent requires Windows XP, 2000, or 98 and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.
If you want to know other info about iPod like
1. How to rip encrypted DVD movie to iPod? [url=http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6]Refer here.
2. How to convert AVI/WMV/DivX/MPEG/MOV/DAT/RMVB to iPod? [url=http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142]Refer here.
3. How to get youtube video to iPod? [url=http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1756]Refer here.
4. How to get free music video from limewire to iPod? [url=http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2043]Refer here.
5. How to convert flash to iPod? [url=http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158]Refer here.