FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY 4/5 question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Gibilisco
DIY 4/5 question
on Mar 13, 2007 at 12:23:53 am

I'm wondering why these systems Spec a "system" drive manufactured by WD and "Raid" drives manufactured by Hitachi? Did I just answer my own question? I just seems like they are the same SATA II drives. Why not all matching Hitachi or WD?

Second, I am switching the video card to a Qaudro FX560 as recomended by the site for use with Vegas. Will this card support dual widescreens? Is dual widescreen wasteful or stupid? Better to go with 2x 20"? Or just one big fat widescreen? I'll be editing Artist instructional (oil painting) how to videos for DVD and the web.

Third, should I stick with the ATI Radeon X1900XX 512MB? I'm not a gamer but is within budget. Also am having a hard time locating this specific card at retailers. The search only brings up a 256mb version.

Since Ram is cheap should I up it to 4 gig?

Thanks, JG

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: DIY 4/5 question
on Mar 13, 2007 at 1:13:37 pm

let me comment on two things
1) I got a 24" widescreen monitor. I thought it would be enough but I am now thinking of adding a 'standard' screen. (ie 1 wide, 1 normal) So I might recommend 1 22" widescreen and 1 20" standard screen. (but check with your video card first to see the max resolution is if in dual. I don't know if having two different types of monitors will work together)

2) 2 gig is PLENTY-- don't waste money on any more memory.

Return to posts index

John Gibilisco
Re: DIY 4/5 question
on Mar 18, 2007 at 4:46:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will stick with 2 gigs of ram rather than 4. Also chose the nvidia Qaudro FX560. Can't wait to get this all put together. I suppose the moderator can close this out. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]