FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Liquid 7 - System Settings locks up software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ki7xh
Avid Liquid 7 - System Settings locks up software
on Mar 12, 2007 at 5:03:40 pm

I recently bought the Video Guys' AL7 "Big Splash" promo to upgrade Studio to AL7. I've just installed AL7 (v7.0) on a freshly built machine, running WinXP-Pro. I can't seem to open System Settings from the Control Panel!

I go to Edit/Control Panel/Site/System Settings and as soon as I click on the System Settings icon, the control bar at the top of the Control Panel dialog box changes to the "inactive window" color and the machine "locks up". Clicking anywhere on the screen just results in the annoying "bonk" noise, as an unacceptable action.

There's no active window or dialog box visible. I am 99.99% sure the System Settings dialog box has been placed BEHIND the Control Panel dialog box. The only way out of this is to ctrl-alt-del and close Avid, which results in the warning, "system won't respond because it's waiting for a response from you".

But I can't respond, because I can't access, or even SEE, the active dialog box that wants the response! I can't drag the Control Panel away either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone attempting to offer a solution.

Darrin

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Avid Liquid 7 - System Settings locks up software
on Mar 12, 2007 at 6:13:44 pm

have you tried reinstalling the Liquid 7 software?

- Jon

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Re: Avid Liquid 7 - System Settings locks up software
on Apr 10, 2007 at 5:01:48 am

Hello Darrin,

This is a long shot, but do you have a dual monitor setup, or is the system in a state such that liquid would be assuming a dual monitor setup? I have had a couple of cases like you describe, where a modal popup window was being piped to a display that wasn't there. The befuttlement existed in the way that I had video properties setup with the catalyst (ATI) driver.

By the way, you should join us on the AVID Liquid board:

http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/54/ShowForum.aspx

There are a lot of experienced Liquid videographers over there. Everyone is presently waiting for the 7.2 patch....

Good luck.

- John

Return to posts index

EricBowen
I had that same issue with nvidia's control interface
on Apr 18, 2007 at 10:49:09 pm

I have had that same issue happen to me with the Nvidia desktop management enabled with multiple monitors as well. I ended having to reinstall the client's nvidia driver to reset that So I know its not just an ATI issue with their multi-display control. That was on a Liquid 6 box when the client purchased a new 7800 GS OC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]