FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit Card Troubles

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
snk2007
Edit Card Troubles
on Mar 10, 2007 at 4:51:56 pm

Hi

I am having difficulty finding a edit card that lives up to my expectations and also is compatible with my new build computer.

I have recently tried a Canopus Edius DVX and a Matrox RTX100 Xtreme Pro. The Canopus did not work with my system and had to be returned, and the Matrox RTX has irritating limitations such as no full size preview within Premiere Pro, slow timecounter refresh rate etc.

What is annoying me is that I have had my new PC built for quite some time and this card is the finishing touch to it which I cannot seem to achieve. Both cards I have tried are also the only ones that were really in my price range.

Could anyone offer any help/ideas?

Many Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Edit Card Troubles
on Mar 12, 2007 at 6:12:48 pm

what computer is it? please list all of the specs.

- Jon

Return to posts index

snk2007
on Mar 14, 2007 at 5:30:39 pm

Thanks for the response Jon,

ASUS P5LD2 SE Socket 775 Motherboard
Chipset: Intel 945P and ICH7
onboard audio
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
ASUS EN7600 Silent 512MB (pci x16)
650w PSU
2GB RAM DDR2 PC667
SAMSUNG 160GB SATA II
SAMSUNG 250GB SATA II
SAMSUNG 18X DVDRW
16x DVDROM 52X CD

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
on Apr 18, 2007 at 5:42:04 pm

I wouldn't use 945 chipsets for video stuff (they are OK for gaming and general stuff), 955, 965 and 975 are far better (955 only support pentium 4 and D).

Matrox RTX100/10 are about to be discontinued; and actually they never were that good IMO, but you should be able to output full screen video to a tv monitor. I prefer Canopus cards but u should build the system based on their suggestions.

Back to your system:

- Are u working with win XP or Vista?
- Are u working only SD video?
- Are u working with Premiere Pro 1?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Capture cards
on Apr 20, 2007 at 4:32:38 pm

Also since your using Adobe there is always the option of Decklink. Their software installs plugins/presets into Adobe. They have cards for pretty much any flavor of capturing you need with uncompressed quality and I havnt seen any Intel chipset boards that they dont work with. I would take a look at their website depending on what your capture needs are and your camera/deck connections are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]