FORUMS: list search recent posts

Primary Monitor + Mirrored 2nd monitor/TV

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thewer
Primary Monitor + Mirrored 2nd monitor/TV
on Mar 6, 2007 at 11:41:59 pm

I am looking to build a setup for video presentation (and some editing) and need to have a primary monitor and then a second monitor that is mirrored with a TV/Svideo out. (So the second monitor and TV show the same thing.)

I know I can do this with 2 graphics cards (I was looking at 2 Nvidia 7600 GT's) where one card does the primary monitor and the second card does mirrored monitor/Svideo.

My question is - Can I do this with ONE card. If I can then I could afford a 7800 or 7900 series card. I have been told that you can not do 3 different monitors on the one card (ie primary, secondary and TV *ALL* different) but can those type of cards show the same thing on the secondary monitor and TV out at the same time?? Or do I really need 2 cards?

thanks for any help - if you reply please let me know if you just think it will work or whether you have/can test it (or have some doc).
Richard

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Primary Monitor + Mirrored 2nd monitor/TV
on Mar 9, 2007 at 10:44:50 pm

If I understand your question.
Use one video card with two outputs (mirror images) ie both are the same.

make the 2nd video card the 'video' out. (can buy a cheap card since all you need is the s-video or composite out)

catch is, will the software do what you want it to do.

(you can't get 3 images out of one card BUT can split the output to make your two VGA/DVI outputs, and make the 2nd output NTSC video.. can split that too)

Return to posts index

thewer
on Mar 15, 2007 at 12:38:42 am

Thanks, I had a feeling one card could not do it (at least not a "normal" card).

The software I am using is a presenting program (song show plus), so it actually needs a primary monitor to display controls etc and then a second *thing* to display the presentation. This second thing I need to be a projector *AND* a video mixer - so it is the second monitor/projector and the video mixer that need to be mirrored.

I have decided to get 2 cards - use the first a primary monitor and then use the second card to output the (mirrored) RGB and video. I am happy/going to use ultramon to set it up.

I am getting 2 7600GT's for those who may be interested...

If anyone knows that this will *NOT* work please please let me know... (or if you know it will work then I would love to hear from you too...)

thanks
Richard

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Mar 15, 2007 at 2:23:24 am

have you looked at tricaster from newtek?

Return to posts index

thewer
on Mar 26, 2007 at 3:20:21 am

No I hadn't - thanks for that! It has now been put under consideration...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]